You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Expat
Active

Where the hell are all the posters?

There are 5 pages.... OK 4 pages and some banned web trawlers as registered users, yet you could count the number of participants on one hand.

Am I going to have to write some even more contentious stuff to put a bit of fire in peoples belly?

#2 Aug 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Where the hell are all the posters?

It seems the days of the standalone web forum have been eclipsed by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc...

#3 Aug 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

It seems the days of the standalone web forum have been eclipsed by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc...

Seems crazy to me.

Crapbook is full of retards posting what their boo did, twitter.... well the name says it all, and instagram I have to admit to not having ever even looked at.

I fully understand the exchanges on here are pretty inconsequential most of the time, but it used to have an organic movement
it was possible to hate the ground someone walked on in one thread, and hero worship them in an adjacent thread. There were silly exchanges, where it became circular in the extreme, and then there were exchanges of information that were educational.

The names are there, but they either can't be bothered with the format, or they have lost the bug.

I have a short attention span, but even I can manage more than 128 characters.

#4 Aug 19, 2017 8:56 pm

houston
Active

Some folks are not cynical, sarcastic, condisending know it alls.
Some folks like to read.
Some folks like to add a piece or two.

#5 Aug 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Some folks like to read.

Then some folks will have nothing to add their wisdom to when those sarcastic condescending know it alls get bored of keeping the forum afloat.

Use it or lose it.  Simples.

#6 Aug 21, 2017 8:17 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

Seems crazy to me.

Crapbook is full of retards posting what their boo did, twitter.... well the name says it all, and instagram I have to admit to not having ever even looked at.

I fully understand the exchanges on here are pretty inconsequential most of the time, but it used to have an organic movement
it was possible to hate the ground someone walked on in one thread, and hero worship them in an adjacent thread. There were silly exchanges, where it became circular in the extreme, and then there were exchanges of information that were educational.

The names are there, but they either can't be bothered with the format, or they have lost the bug.

I have a short attention span, but even I can manage more than 128 characters.

That is the reason ah doh like Crapbook, too much damn crazies.  I think folks also like to be seen, and Crapebook offers that.  Damn this one person ah know, it doh matter what she do, it is on Crapebook.  Daily every FRIGGING person and especially all Greenidges wants to be me friend on Crapebook, but not me ah peep occasionally and that is enough for me.  Ah just love me Talkshop.  Ah few intimate friends and ah good.

BTW, where is Silkee? Did someone else use that handle?  Ah mean Silkee walk in like she owned the place and then disappeared.  I kinda smell ah rate here.  Just as I was beginning to fall in love with her she vanish.

Last edited by Slice (Aug 21, 2017 9:05 am)

#7 Aug 21, 2017 5:10 pm

houston
Active

Expat wrote:
houston wrote:

Some folks like to read.

Then some folks will have nothing to add their wisdom to when those sarcastic condescending know it alls get bored of keeping the forum afloat.

Use it or lose it? Alrighty then...
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.
I am rubber and you are glue, what ever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
So there!

#8 Aug 22, 2017 11:51 am

Expat
Active

houston wrote:
Expat wrote:
houston wrote:

Some folks like to read.

I am rubber and you are glue, what ever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
So there!

Yeah, nice.

I know the sticks and stones bit, but never heard the last part.... is that normal, or did you add it on yourself.

#9 Aug 22, 2017 10:19 pm

houston
Active

Expat wrote:
houston wrote:
Expat wrote:

So there!

Yeah, nice.

I know the sticks and stones bit, but never heard the last part.... is that normal, or did you add it on yourself.

Learned it during some seriously heavy debates.
What exactly does that word "normal" mean in this day and age?
What is normal for you Expat? And forget about the upbringing, the Victorian rules of dinner manners and bowing to the Queen.
What do you consider to be "normal" in today's society?
If your family doctor is not the same as you, has tattoos, or a piercing are they not normal? Same goes for a teacher, a cop, a judge or any other line of work.
Just curious, what is your idea of normal today?
I find it to be a strange and often awkward word, a moving target. A majority rules and decides what is normal or abnormal type of thing. Much prefer the free thinking, individual thought over the sheep thinking norms.

#10 Aug 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:
Expat wrote:
houston wrote:

So there!

Yeah, nice.

Learned it during some seriously heavy debates.
What exactly does that word "normal" mean in this day and age?
What is normal for you Expat? And forget about the upbringing, the Victorian rules of dinner manners and bowing to the Queen.
What do you consider to be "normal" in today's society?
If your family doctor is not the same as you, has tattoos, or a piercing are they not normal? Same goes for a teacher, a cop, a judge or any other line of work.
Just curious, what is your idea of normal today?
I find it to be a strange and often awkward word, a moving target. A majority rules and decides what is normal or abnormal type of thing. Much prefer the free thinking, individual thought over the sheep thinking norms.

Jees you really have the bit between your teeth tonight, I guess the boss must have got the riding crop out of the "special night" cupboard, and your tail has been tickled.

Supplement "normal" with usual, part of an existing expression, etc, etc, and then you can get off your hobby horse.... ;-)

Board footer