You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 21, 2017 6:01 am

Vanni
Active

User List

Dear Webmaster,

You know best, so this is just a suggestion:

(I am editing as follows my original request, trying to make it clearer thanks to Slice's answer)

would it be possible to have disappear from the visible list (you may want to keep them in an invisible one) either the banned, or the obvious exotic scammers' names - maybe sending a test question to each registered member, and keep only those who sent the reply? It does not need to be the active posters only, but those, at least, who answer intelligently to the test question.

It's now a swelling-soon-beyond-5-pages for a vast amount of parasites from all over the world, who have only one thing in mind: exploit. They do not care about Grenada/Grenadians, they have probably not even the idea of where it is.

I may be asking for too much, so I'm leaving it up to you.

Thank you in any case for taking care during all this time of this precious space smile

Last edited by Vanni (Aug 21, 2017 9:57 am)

#2 Aug 21, 2017 7:44 am

Slice
Active

Re: User List

Vanni, I think leaving it where it is, could be a way to contact each other.  Remember the option to post with your Email address is now gone, so ah kinda like the user list visible.  I will go with ever the Webbie decides.

#3 Aug 21, 2017 9:50 am

Vanni
Active

Slice, I'm sorry if I was not clear enough, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify:

I did not mean to make everyone invisible, I mean leaving on the list those who are active, or who are genuine even if they don't post.

And to remove from the visible list those who are not genuine - it may be good to keep their names, but in such a way that when we are searching for someone, we don't have to go through such a vast amount of exotic names of scammers.

#4 Aug 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Slice
Active

The shop always had more peepers than posters.  So you are suggesting removing peepers; so, if they decide to post, they will have to register?  Not sure that is ah great idea either, but again it is not up to me.  The Webmaster will have to take your request into consideration.  I just doh see the need for that.

Let the peepers peep and you Vanni make it interesting for them to continue peeping.

#5 Aug 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Vanni
Active

Slice ... I am now worried about whether I was clear.

I said that regardless of whether someone was posting or not, may they be in the visible list.

However, those who are obviously scammers, who have strictly no idea of where Grenada is, but who are here only to disrupt and take advantage: for the sake of the Grenadians, again, whether posters or non posters, is it possible, so we can get through a list that truly represents the genuine people, non posters included, but scammers excluded, is it possible to skim the list in such a way that we can find each other without having to go through the invasion of scammers.

I really hope I've been clear.

May I repeat:

whether posters or whether someone never posted and maybe never will post, but is obviously a genuine person, may they be in the visible list.

But may those who are not genuine, but merely scammers, be skimmed from the list, so we can find each other without having to go through the gunge.

I really hope it's clear enough?

#6 Aug 22, 2017 9:23 am

Webmaster
Administrator

It would be unwise to clear the ban list because then those people would no longer be banned.   I do have a solution, however.

I have created a new user group called "Active".  You automatically get upgraded to Active when you post ten times. 

Go to the "User Group" pull down menu and select the group "Active" and click on Submit.   Don't change anything else.  This will produce a list of those who have posted at least ten times on this forum.

#7 Aug 22, 2017 10:48 am

Webmaster
Administrator

This forum gets about 1,500 - 2,000 post views per day.  Obviously there are far more lurkers than there are commentators.

#8 Aug 22, 2017 11:05 am

Expat
Active

Webmaster wrote:

This forum gets about 1,500 - 2,000 post views per day.  Obviously there are far more lurkers than there are commentators.

Wow, for such a dead board the view number is amazing.

If only 1% of the lurkers had the brains to make a comment the board would be a vibrant place for interaction and maybe even learning.

#9 Aug 22, 2017 11:24 am

Slice
Active

Webmaster wrote:

WOW! nice number.  I think eventually they will post, that is if the active posters make it interesting

#10 Aug 22, 2017 11:40 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Webmaster wrote:

WOW! nice number.  I think eventually they will post, that is if the active posters make it interesting

Well you must have noticed I am jooking the fire ants nest for all I am worth... smile

Board footer