You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Aug 28, 2017 7:07 am

Slice
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

gripe wrote:

Recognizing the problems of the past should not be seen as "blaming the white man?" On your point about Blacks needing to improve themselves, haven't you walked that path? Haven't you done so by making progress as you have indicated on here more than once? Also, there are many other Blacks -- West Indians, Americans, all over the globe -- who have done likewise. Why, then, suggest that Blacks are not moving forward? (See your comment: "Instead of always blaming another person, can and when in God's Earth, we are going to start rebuilding ourselves.")

So, Slice, you are overreacting to Calypso's post and not facing facts.

Now I ent saying there are no racism.  all I am saying is lets stop playing in the mud and take ah different approach.  Do like the Trinis Indians did.  At one time, they were considered the scum of T&T, they took control of the destination, and now they control Trinidad and as ah matter of fact  most of the Caribbean.  They own ah big piece of Grenada.

It is time for ah new approach.

I am ah witness to racism.  I sued and won, and now see it almost daily, but I am not staying down.  I tried a new approach and thought a few folks around how to overcome racism.  Some listen and some did not.

Online

#12 Aug 28, 2017 7:20 am

Slice
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

Expat wrote:

I am so pee'd.

I just wrote a bible of sensible statements, and for some weird reason when I posted it the page didn't reload, and a good half hours worth of thought and typing went right out the window.

The extremely condensed version is that mostly it is Grenadians be it in the Government or otherwise who are keeping Grenadians down. I really cant be asked to give the explanation of that. I have just had enough of typing.

It is not just in Grenada, most Black folks are keeping themselves down.  The black folk in Trinidad played the ASS and now they are paying.

All ah saying is Stop blaming the past and look to the future.  I know as ah black person, I am in the minority, I am so tired of the blame it is getting to me.

Listen me real PADNAH in Grenada, he is ah complainer also, but he did not sit idle. He use Grenada most neglected area, farming and I am sure he is close to ah millionaire if not one.

He tries to hire some folks to work for him, but he so discipline,  and insist that they give ah honest day work for ah honest day pay, and as a result, they do not want to work for him.  they prefer to hang in the Rum Shop and drink all day, rather than working, and as soon as they see you, they stretching out their hands and begging for ah drink or ah dollar.

Online

#13 Aug 28, 2017 7:31 am

Slice
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

gripe wrote:

Calypso, one of the most valid reasons for still decrying the unfair system is the example that you highlighted: "the educated black and the uneducated white boss who masters over him." I want to believe that Slice will find that arrangement unbearable.

gripe, I ent lying, I was the master of talking that black stuff.  I am not sure if it was ah mistake or what, but I went to my White boss one time, because of something I did and as sure as day, I thought she would fire me.  I look her in the face and called her all kind of names and made her cry.  I am not sure up to now how I am still working here.

Like I said before,  There are folks who knows me, still call me Fidel Castro. The turning point came, when ah started dating ah police woman, who was the sister of the president of Sojourner Douglas college here in Baltimore.  He said to me stop complaining and do something different, make yourself valuable.  Mind you his mom hated me for his sister, because I was not American.

He really opened my eyes, with his words of wisdom.  He said that is our problem we complain too damn much, with no action.

Online

#14 Aug 28, 2017 7:33 am

Slice
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

Calypso wrote:
gripe wrote:

Recognizing the problems of the past should not be seen as "blaming the white man?" On your point about Blacks needing to improve themselves, haven't you walked that path? Haven't you done so by making progress as you have indicated on here more than once? Also, there are many other Blacks -- West Indians, Americans, all over the globe -- who have done likewise. Why, then, suggest that Blacks are not moving forward? (See your comment: "Instead of always blaming another person, can and when in God's Earth, we are going to start rebuilding ourselves.")

So, Slice, you are overreacting to Calypso's post and not facing facts.

Brathwaite's ' poem shows  the struggle we have rebuilding ourselves after colonization and monopolization  of European power. He mentioned the educated black and the uneducated white boss who masters over him. One who has the tool--education to rule and the other-- the white man--though uneducated he is the representation of power. His white skin gives him the power to be lord and master , even though he is an idiot! As a mentioned, we migrate to distant shores to seek betterment. Slice did it, I did it, and Dancer it then moved back to Gree.

I guess it would take us ah million years to rebuild ourselves after colonization.

Online

#15 Aug 28, 2017 7:45 am

Slice
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

Calypso wrote:
gripe wrote:

Calypso, one of the most valid reasons for still decrying the unfair system is the example that you highlighted: "the educated black and the uneducated white boss who masters over him." I want to believe that Slice will find that arrangement unbearable.

We have all been in situation like that. Whites who are not suited for the position gets it because of skin color. Blacks who are much better at it are being ruled by them. Fcuk Slice!!

My wife is one of the handful of blacks, who work for her company.  She work as hard as I have ever seen anyone work.  She did complain sometimes, but made herself very valuable with Hard work. she took full advantage of the situation, and now she is reaping the rewards.

Racism is alive and well, but our approach is not helping.

Look me PADNAH who is ah poster on here, he complains also, but that BASTARD is working the system.  He has about three bars and he drives ah Lexus.  The Bastard complains ever chance he gets about RACISM, but he is making the system work for him.

That is the approach ah love.

Online

#16 Aug 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:
gripe wrote:

Calypso, one of the most valid reasons for still decrying the unfair system is the example that you highlighted: "the educated black and the uneducated white boss who masters over him." I want to believe that Slice will find that arrangement unbearable.

We have all been in situation like that. Whites who are not suited for the position gets it because of skin color. Blacks who are much better at it are being ruled by them. Fcuk Slice!!

My wife is one of the handful of blacks, who work for her company.  She work as hard as I have ever seen anyone work.  She did complain sometimes, but made herself very valuable with Hard work. she took full advantage of the situation, and now she is reaping the rewards.

Racism is alive and well, but our approach is not helping.

Look me PADNAH who is ah poster on here, he complains also, but that BASTARD is working the system.  He has about three bars and he drives ah Lexus.  The Bastard complains ever chance he gets about RACISM, but he is making the system work for him.

That is the approach ah love.

We all complain about racism and made the system work for us for we are hard-working decent folks. We don't take Welfare. We live our lives with dignity and self-respect. But we are not denying that we could have reached much further if it weren't for racism!

Offline

#17 Aug 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

I will never doubt that, but it is just I am damn tired of going back.  lets make it better for us  and our children in the future and complaining won't do us ah bit ah good.

Online

#18 Aug 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

Slice wrote:

I will never doubt that, but it is just I am damn tired of going back.  lets make it better for us  and our children in the future and complaining won't do us ah bit ah good.


We are never going back but we should keep an important fact that racism exists and still does prevent us from reaching our zenith. The stronger black folks, will push ahead as much as they can because they have to survive. The weaker ones will use it as a weapon and it will engulf them.

Offline

#19 Aug 28, 2017 9:30 pm

houston
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

Calypso, you seem to be bent on race.
Could it be that you are a racist?

Offline

#20 Aug 28, 2017 10:21 pm

houston
Active

Re: Calypso by Kamau Brathwaite

Everything is so easy for white man, it is all handed to him, right?
You can't be serious, get real!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB