You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 29, 2017 10:12 am

Dancer
Active

The REAL REVO ------------- I forgot to mention

Well I must admit I do check to see what RD and his fellow Tea party  gang  are up to . 

He has reinvented  the 'Real Revo' .
New face , new cover , what we offer.

Lo. time to get a face lift .

News politics Economics
Religion
Gear.. cars, tools... and of course , guns.
Entertainment
Photos
Everything else ....... there is more ?

Well the Revo did mention North Korea launching a missile over Japan.

#2 Aug 29, 2017 10:53 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: The REAL REVO ------------- I forgot to mention

It wasn't so much a recreation as simply keeping the lights on.  After ten years of blogging, I am done with it.  I told the readers that it was to be shut down and they complained bitterly and asked that something be kept.  What is left is something very much like this forum.  In fact, I largely recreated what the webmaster created here.

Truth be told, I am dispirited.  I have always supported a brand of libertarianism that favors free people, free markets and free minds.  That isn't what we got with Donald Trump.   What we got was...

- Increasingly militarized police
- More government control of trade and commerce
- Renewed support for civil forfeiture
- Crackdown on federal marijuana laws in states where it is legal
- The use of eminent domain even for private sector purposes
- Military expansion in Afghanistan and elsewhere
- A willingness to use pardons for political allies
- Fearmongering, tribalism and dog whistle racism
- Selective enforcement of the law
- General know-nothingism that is just another brand of political correctness

That isn't what I have stood for on my blog.  That is populist authoritarianism.  Screw that.

It turns out, however, that a lot of my readers didn't want to read me complaining about Trump.  During the campaign, readership and comments plummeted.  I was Never-Trump and, as a result, many people who used to be regulars turned against the site. 

The libertarian, individual liberty, freedom, socially inclusive message of the Real Revo isn't popular among Trumpanzees.   So I shut down the blog and turned it into a forum. 

I don't know how long even that will last.  Limited government, individual liberty and free markets aren't popular on either side of the political spectrum right now.  I feel alone.

#3 Aug 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Slice
Active

Ok, you might know this, but I also check in and read The Real Revo.  Now ah understand your frustration with Trump, but he will be gone soon and Your Blog will continue to have no mercy on Democrats.  You will regret closing it down.  I guarantee Trump will be impeached within the next four years.

You will have Pence for awhile and then ah Democrat.

#4 Aug 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

No, I am disappointed with politics in general.  It is clear to me now that limited government libertarianism isn't viable in the United States.  Donald Trump and Barack Obama have one thing in common: They both love them some big government and enjoy the power of managing that Leviathan.  Their only disagreement is over the best way to do it.

Unlike those two clowns, I don't think government is the solution to our problem.  Government is our problem.

#5 Aug 30, 2017 7:37 am

Slice
Active

These two should not mention in the same breath.  Trump is ah complete ASSHOLE and Obama, will go down in history as one of the best president.  Trump is  fixated on  Obama.  The man is going nuts over his policies.  Ah wonder what he go overturn next.  Thank God he will be impeached.

#6 Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

Real Distwalker
Active

They are both assholes.  They are very different assholes, but I respect neither.

#7 Aug 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

They are both assholes.  They are very different assholes, but I respect neither.

You voted for trump even though he is an asshole??? What does that make you?  I had no respect for my former and I never spoke to him. I feel proud of myself!

#8 Aug 30, 2017 2:26 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I didn't vote for Trump.

#9 Aug 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I didn't vote for Trump.

You said that you voted for him, even though you didn't like him. You even gave him a thumbs up for sending back the immigrants, etc. Are you trying to tell me that you are a liar as well???

#10 Aug 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I did not.  I said neither of those things.  You have me confused with someone else.  It turns out that I am not a liar, you are just full of shit.

Board footer