You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#21 Sep 26, 2017 6:35 am

Vanni
Active

Re: Some Things Need To Be Replied To ..... LIKE..

Slice wrote:

Look Dancer, I speak truth and if you from the Caribbean you know exactly what I am speaking about.  I ent saying cheating is right, but it is ah part of me culture.

I honestly do not know ah man in the area, I grew up, that did not cheat on his wife.  The truth is I thought there were men in me area, that did not cheat, but more than one person that grew up in me area, set the record straight and say that is pure BULLSHEET, they cheated and then they say, that child belongs to that person, you thought did not cheat.

There ent no shame in me game.  It is simple, if you look good and I want you and you want me I will cheat.  It is that simple.

I do not have the will power to turn down ah sexy woman.

Good thing I did not read you before getting married to a man from your culture, Slice - I trust him 100% or I would not have involved myself with him, ever. And so does he trust me 100% also, and we both honour this mutual trust - it's the one thing we know that would destroy our relationship irreversibly, if we would not honour it.

Not that there are no opportunities. It's natural to feel sometimes attracted to someone - but to what exactly are we attracted? Could it be friendship, brotherhood - something from the heart, which does not forcibly involve the body. Leaving the physical part strictly to the one we have chosen to share everything with, this included and this exclusively? We know how to welcome and give back a smile without jumping straight into bed with the person smiling at us smile

And the quality relationship coming from this is something only the persons who commit and stay faithful can appreciate. And makes them willing at each of what you may call failed opportunity smile to care with ever more motivation for each other that way.

Last edited by Vanni (Sep 26, 2017 10:52 am)

#22 Sep 26, 2017 10:35 am

Vanni
Active

houston wrote:

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/09/23/princ … s-kick-off

Meghan Markle is absolutely gorgeous, Harry has made a good choice.
Interesting to read that Markle's mom is a decendant of slaves from the south. Imagine the Queens wonder when a decendant of slavery is brought into the royal family.

Maybe the royal family (still) hopes for the failure of this relationship? And would help in whatever way they could for it to go that way? Or have they resigned? I would like to know if they have understood and are ready for changes which are inevitable.

I find this comforting, that the loop closes at last.

Anyway, I am convinced that royalty will disappear: such a class system does not have place in what I conceive of an advanced humanity. Which, I think, is our outcome indeed.

Last edited by Vanni (Sep 26, 2017 10:44 am)

#23 Sep 26, 2017 10:40 am

New Historian
Active

"Anyway, I am convinced that royalty will disappear: such a class system does not have place in what I conceive of an advanced humanity."

I would have thought so too, but no such signs at all in UK, where the Royal fam shows no signs of losing popularity

#24 Sep 26, 2017 10:49 am

Vanni
Active

New Historian wrote:

"Anyway, I am convinced that royalty will disappear: such a class system does not have place in what I conceive of an advanced humanity."

I would have thought so too, but no such signs at all in UK, where the Royal fam shows no signs of losing popularity

Indeed. Historian, our humanity has to go through a thorough questioning and re-orientation, obviously! And I think that Life is in the process of bringing the opportunities for this questioning. Which goes as much through official and public mass revelations (enough to convince including those who need more evidence than the available clues right now) from people who deserve our trust at last, clearly exposing what religions, politics, royalties, science, some industries and some other authorities are about, as much as it goes through a personal reassessment of our relationship to Life.

It may be a rough ride for a moment, but a vital one: we have to transform so we function a level more representative of the higher in us. Which will profit to all of Life on Earth, suffering from our present behaviour. So it's not just about us, but about those affected by us too.

Last edited by Vanni (Sep 26, 2017 11:05 am)

#25 Sep 26, 2017 11:30 am

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

Yeah, but they are just celebrities.  They have no real sovereign power.  That isn't REALLY a monarchy.

#26 Sep 26, 2017 11:56 am

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Yeah, but they are just celebrities.  They have no real sovereign power.  That isn't REALLY a monarchy.

Hush yu mouth,  ex-colonial! They certainly do have power, but the kind of "invisible power" that only rarely shows itself. You yourself were involved in such a show of power: when your Ranger brothers had to rescue the Queen's representative in Grenada, as only he could legitimize the request for a US invasion - even if that request came in ex-post facto! If the shit really hit the fan, if some catastrophe wiped out the "real" government of Britain, THEN you'd see the power of the Royal Family!

#27 Sep 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Okay, I suppose there is some legacy power there.  It is a faint shadow of that of Henry VIII, however. smile

#28 Sep 26, 2017 12:26 pm

New Historian
Active

Thank god lol!

#29 Sep 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Vanni
Active

Slice wrote:

As Shaggy said, never ever admit to cheating.  even if you get caught, still say it was not me.

Here is where the Double standard comes in, In my culture it is fine for the man to do it, but not the woman.  That Woman cheater would be considered ah whore.

Slice, I gracefully pass over the "that woman cheater would be considered a whore".

If a man with whom I am in a relationship came to me and told me "I am interested in another woman, let us end our relationship", he'd be getting all my respect and love.

If a man with whom I am in relationship would cheat me, he'd lose all my respect. May he never dare to tell me "I love you".

Cheating is as bad a way to treat a person as to commit physical violence on that person - actually even worse, as for years the cheated person may be totally ignorant of the fact.

Your words make me wonder whether the real attraction to cheating is not the fact of going with another person, but the act of cheating itself?

Slice, if it needs to get to that point, the last when our body gives up on us, when we're old, then we understand the value of a committed relationship, one we've kept clean moreover. I do not dare to think how we would feel toward a devoted spouse if we have treated him/her the way you are talking about.

#30 Sep 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Okay, I suppose there is some legacy power there.  It is a faint shadow of that of Henry VIII, however. smile

I am a very long way from a Royalist, I do not or would not suck up to them any more than any other high profile person.

But there is a misconception that they are only rolled out to smile at appropriate times.

The Queen and Prince Philip have been active and involved both behind the scenes politically, and as a rallying cry to the public in general.

I'm not saying some of the razzmatazz isn't total BS, but it does suck in the Yanks and the Japanese, and if you all hadn't been cheapskates she could have been your head of State too. You might still have had an arsehole like Trump as your Prime Minister, but thankfully for you it will only be 3 more years..... if we don't all get irradiated by nuclear bombs.

Board footer