You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 22, 2017 11:00 am

gripe
Active

Living with What God Gave You: Ms. Roy's Large Birthmark on Face

It is sometimes not easy to accept our lot in life. But, it helps to remember that we mostly don't control anything. Ms. Roy, the subject of the birthmark on her face, in the linked story, is an example of acceptance especially when altering is too extreme. See here:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellnes … spartandhp

Curiously, however, the first photo of Ms. Roy shows the birthmark on her left cheek -- yet the caption refers to Ms. Roy having the birthmark on her right cheek -- and, indeed, all the other photos show the birthmark on Ms. Roy's right cheek.

(I happen to have a birthmark on my right hand.)

#2 Sep 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Living with What God Gave You: Ms. Roy's Large Birthmark on Face

You know what gripe, after looking at the first pic, the first thing I saw was a beautiful smile.  I did not see that Birth Mark.  She is simple beautiful.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Beauty is Skin deep.

Now to complete my assessment of her I really would like to see her in a Bikini.

#3 Sep 22, 2017 12:40 pm

gripe
Active

Slice, it is just approaching 1:00 p.m. on Friday. The weekend has not yet really started. Please behave . . .

#4 Sep 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Slice
Active

GOSH! I am one of the best behaved Talkshopper.

#5 Sep 22, 2017 2:18 pm

Expat
Active

gripe wrote:

It is sometimes not easy to accept our lot in life. But, it helps to remember that we mostly don't control anything. Ms. Roy, the subject of the birthmark on her face, in the linked story, is an example of acceptance especially when altering is too extreme. See here:

Curiously, however, the first photo of Ms. Roy shows the birthmark on her left cheek -- yet the caption refers to Ms. Roy having the birthmark on her right cheek -- and, indeed, all the other photos show the birthmark on Ms. Roy's right cheek.

Maybe someone photoshopped it because they were thinking their right, instead of the persons right?

Anyhows she is one hot tomale, with or without the birthmark.

Others sometimes look disfigured because they don't have radiant beauty to offset the mark...

#6 Sep 22, 2017 5:52 pm

gripe
Active

Slice, you will be awarded a paper trophy for your claim about being "one of the best behaved Talkshopper." Why? You admit to letting the ladies -- anything related to them -- lead you yonder and over board.

Expat, you make a good point about "radiant beauty to offset the mark" in Ms. Roy's case. However, even without the beauty outwardly, what counts most is the inner beauty.

#7 Sep 23, 2017 1:32 am

Calypso
Active

gripe wrote:

She is rather attractive and wears it with confidence!!

#8 Sep 24, 2017 6:46 am

Dancer
Active

' She is ok  '  ,
but it is the 24th Sept and we are still here , therefore a little church and later an old  movie.
Which brings me to the JA.

What do you have to share with us this weekend  ,  30ies and 40ies  movie expert ?
>>' Held for murder or Her mad night ' <<  .... 1932 classic Black and white  'Weeper" (never saw this one , but it does not sound like much humor here .... lol. )

#9 Sep 24, 2017 6:53 am

Slice
Active

gripe wrote:

Slice, you will be awarded a paper trophy for your claim about being "one of the best behaved Talkshopper." Why? You admit to letting the ladies -- anything related to them -- lead you yonder and over board.

Expat, you make a good point about "radiant beauty to offset the mark" in Ms. Roy's case. However, even without the beauty outwardly, what counts most is the inner beauty.

gripe you have got to be ah saint or almost, I think in your next life you should be ah priest,

#10 Sep 24, 2017 7:54 am

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

' She is ok  '  ,
but it is the 24th Sept and we are still here , therefore a little church and later an old  movie.
Which brings me to the JA.

What do you have to share with us this weekend  ,  30ies and 40ies  movie expert ?
>>' Held for murder or Her mad night ' <<  .... 1932 classic Black and white  'Weeper" (never saw this one , but it does not sound like much humor here .... lol. )

Ok movie lover. Please watch The Third Man with Orsen Welles. You should be able to download it somehow. Also, Dodsworth  is one of my all time favorites with John Houston. Enjoy, if you could get to them.

Board footer