You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 25, 2017 6:57 am

GMW
Active

Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

And of course he is says he is no racist. But of course he is. Just by peeping in here every once in a while I can tell how accepting people have become of this guys BS. Even making excuses for it. Imagine if Obama was going around doing and saying things like that.

#2 Sep 25, 2017 7:45 am

Slice
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

So, I have stopped posting about Trump. He think and acts like ah 12 year ole.  I stop, wasting me time on ah child, who so happens to be our president.

My main Political rival on here do not support him, so ah just leaving the kid alone.

My Redskins kick the Sheet outa the Raiders ASS last night, so me ent wasting time on the rich kid.

#3 Sep 25, 2017 9:13 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I used to like politics.  Now every damned thing is polluted with politics and you can never escape it.   I wish we could enjoy sports, music, fairs, church etc. without it being politicized.   The NFL players politicized football and DT just made it far worse.

This isn't a comment on the right or wrong of taking a knee.  I just wish I didn't get slapped in the face by politics everywhere I go all day long.

#4 Sep 25, 2017 9:23 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Memories.  That was then, this is now...

trumptweet.png

#5 Sep 25, 2017 11:12 am

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I used to like politics.  Now every damned thing is polluted with politics and you can never escape it.   I wish we could enjoy sports, music, fairs, church etc. without it being politicized.   The NFL players politicized football and DT just made it far worse.

This isn't a comment on the right or wrong of taking a knee.  I just wish I didn't get slapped in the face by politics everywhere I go all day long.

You would have had serious issues with Jesse Owens, Mohammed Ali, etal. I think its quite ok to not expect you to be able to relate to all of the struggles and how there is no inopportune time to address them. Just like I totally get it when lots of the Pittsburgh fans were booing the players for kneeling yesterday. It's alright to understand much of who is in the stands at some games.

#6 Sep 25, 2017 11:22 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The whole world is stupid right now.  Everybody is divided into tribes.  Everybody is forced to take sides.  It is all reactionary.

For the record, I don't take issue with the players reason for taking a knee.  That isn't what I am talking about.  I just don't want to be politically hectored everywhere all the time.  It sucks the joy from life.

I am not taking sides with anybody.  You can sneer at me for not taking common cause with this or that political faction but I don't care.  I am increasingly a conscientious objector in the raging culture war.  You can count me out.  I am a non-combatant.

#7 Sep 25, 2017 11:23 am

Slice
Active

I honestly love it. For now ah just can't deal with the 8 year ole we have as our president.  How can you not care about the Senate trying for the one million times to repeal Obama care?

#8 Sep 25, 2017 11:24 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

I honestly love it. For now ah just can't deal with the 8 year ole we have as our president.  How can you not care about the Senate trying for the one million times to repeal Obama care?

What can I do?  I might as well rage against the weather for all the good it would do.

#9 Sep 25, 2017 12:05 pm

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

The whole world is stupid right now.  Everybody is divided into tribes.  Everybody is forced to take sides.  It is all reactionary.

For the record, I don't take issue with the players reason for taking a knee.  That isn't what I am talking about.  I just don't want to be politically hectored everywhere all the time.  It sucks the joy from life.

I am not taking sides with anybody.  You can sneer at me for not taking common cause with this or that political faction but I don't care.  I am increasingly a conscientious objector in the raging culture war.  You can count me out.  I am a non-combatant.

Hey I'm really not sneering at you. Yeah I mentioned Ali and Owens. Not to offend you but if you are then it is what it is. But again, my post was not meant to snaer at you. If it made you think one way or another that's totally up to you buddy.

#10 Sep 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I am just tired of caring about everything that goes on in the world.  It's why I pretty much shut down my blog and why I don't comment here as much.  I just want to live happily ever after, you know?

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 25, 2017 12:29 pm)

Board footer