You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 26, 2017 11:58 am

Slice
Active

SO IF YOU COW GET AWAY AND DESTROY YOU NEIGHBOUR GARDEN

You take the cow and keep it.  For the owner to get back that cow, they have to pay $100.00 for the first day and $50.00 for each additional day.

Sheep, goat and pig is $50.00 for the first day and $15.00 each additional day.  If the owner doh  wanna to pay, you take them to court.

I was kinda shock there are such  laws on the books in Grenada.

Growing up in Grenada ah wonder if these laws were on the books?

So here was Windsor Forest justice, you ketch somebody animal destroying you  garden, you warn the owner to keep that damn animal under control.  It happen again, you give another warning. At that time we start preparing the Cassava water.  The real poisonous one.

The next time that animal gets into you garden, under the hot sun it must drink., and then it is dead.  Then you make sure to remove the Cassava water before the owner sees it.

#2 Sep 26, 2017 12:19 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: SO IF YOU COW GET AWAY AND DESTROY YOU NEIGHBOUR GARDEN

That's pretty mean-spirited. A friend of mine in Pointe Salines was having endless problems with stray cows, but as soon as he started rounding them up and fining their owners, problem solved! Why you have to poison the poor animal, is not their fault? In this day and age you can't be killing good livestock, that's a sin!

#3 Sep 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

That's pretty mean-spirited. A friend of mine in Pointe Salines was having endless problems with stray cows, but as soon as he started rounding them up and fining their owners, problem solved! Why you have to poison the poor animal, is not their fault? In this day and age you can't be killing good livestock, that's a sin!

+1

#4 Sep 27, 2017 6:56 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Lord ah was ah kid,  In those days, I guess my grandpupa din know ah thing about the law, and if they take Mr PEARLEY animal, someone was going to be killed.

#5 Sep 27, 2017 9:34 am

New Historian
Active

Okay lol I'll forgive you!!

Board footer