You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 27, 2017 5:11 am

Calypso
Active

Movies of the Week--Dancer

Sir, please watch, Brief Encounter, circa 1945, starring Trevor Howard and Of Human Bondage, 1934, starring Bette Davis. These are a must see.

#2 Sep 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: Movies of the Week--Dancer

Yes Mam , but we can't let the whole board go around  weeping , twisting handkerchiefs , moping... .... all week.

The Big Sleep .... Bogart
Maltese Falcon ... Bogart
-----------

Mary Astor and H. Bogart... Maltese ...   :: you  should know  its a great movie , no Leslie Howard being a sap.

Not in Order , but  the last scene  is ALPHA  . lol.  ( its on you Tube )

>>. "" There is no time for that school girl act,  (Mary , weeping her eyes out)  " Then you came back to me"
" no, yes , no ... lol
" you mean it , you are letting me take the fall ?' " YOU DON"T LOVE ME "
Bogart ...  I don't care , who loves who " I WILL NOT PLAY THE SAP FOR YOU'

Bogart continues .... "I will be here waiting for you in 20 years , if they don't hang that pretty neck of yours'.

..... That should balance those 'weepers'    ...... actually quite good man and woman movies... I remembered 'of human bondage from my 20ies, 30ies.

NB. I think I said at that time don't be a sap like that  Howard in  your  life. lol.

#3 Sep 28, 2017 3:16 am

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

Yes Mam , but we can't let the whole board go around  weeping , twisting handkerchiefs , moping... .... all week.

The Big Sleep .... Bogart
Maltese Falcon ... Bogart
-----------

Mary Astor and H. Bogart... Maltese ...   :: you  should know  its a great movie , no Leslie Howard being a sap.

Not in Order , but  the last scene  is ALPHA  . lol.  ( its on you Tube )

>>. "" There is no time for that school girl act,  (Mary , weeping her eyes out)  " Then you came back to me"
" no, yes , no ... lol
" you mean it , you are letting me take the fall ?' " YOU DON"T LOVE ME "
Bogart ...  I don't care , who loves who " I WILL NOT PLAY THE SAP FOR YOU'

Bogart continues .... "I will be here waiting for you in 20 years , if they don't hang that pretty neck of yours'.

..... That should balance those 'weepers'    ...... actually quite good man and woman movies... I remembered 'of human bondage from my 20ies, 30ies.

NB. I think I said at that time don't be a sap like that  Howard in  your  life. lol.

I have seen those movies many times.

#4 Sep 28, 2017 7:28 am

Dancer
Active

Calypso - it's not all about you - you know .
We are sharing here , don't be selfish.
Do you know if Vanni , the Lady from the Mt, Aim , RD, Mansah or even Spell Dick , ever saw those Jems of movies.
So educational , entertaining , and showing how not to be a Sap or love crazed day-dreamer.
Because I would bet a fiver , $5 . The black/African hater never heard of them . ( maybe the last 5 days or so) sad.lol
So ,, give exposure a chance.

nice of you.

#5 Oct 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Dancer
Active

Calypso wrote:

Sir, please watch, Brief Encounter, circa 1945, starring Trevor Howard and Of Human Bondage, 1934, starring Bette Davis. These are a must see.

Nite Mam ,  I read you disrespecting  the male gender  calling them not-to-good-dicks  and having a God complex.  Be that as it may , I am  staying  on the movies , this evening.
Since you have seen , lots of Black and White movies of the 30ies/40ies . What do you think  of the 'STYLES' (dresses, Suits ) of  the men and women of that time.

I must say some of the dresses were  out of this world.
.... some would cling , some were elegant ,  some amazing and some just plain gorgeous . (I looked the adjectives fashion people use..lol) 

Now you keep so much noise about 'guys'  being off  the ball  .
A Question.
Do you have  any  such dress  or outfits in your closet . Keeping  your side inviting   If not ,
  you will not win..
so.. sad. lol.

#6 Oct 02, 2017 5:29 am

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Nite Mam ,  I read you disrespecting  the male gender  calling them not-to-good-dicks  and having a God complex.  Be that as it may , I am  staying  on the movies , this evening.
Since you have seen , lots of Black and White movies of the 30ies/40ies . What do you think  of the 'STYLES' (dresses, Suits ) of  the men and women of that time.

I must say some of the dresses were  out of this world.
.... some would cling , some were elegant ,  some amazing and some just plain gorgeous . (I looked the adjectives fashion people use..lol) 

Now you keep so much noise about 'guys'  being off  the ball  .
A Question.
Do you have  any  such dress  or outfits in your closet . Keeping  your side inviting   If not ,
  you will not win..
so.. sad. lol.

I grew up watching movies from that era because my parents loved them. Everything was done with class and mystery. They don't make men and women like that anymore!

Board footer