You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Oct 02, 2017 10:30 am

New Historian
Active

Re: So RD still no need for control of WMDs in America?

Real Distwalker wrote:

What do you think is the problem with gun shows?

I'm not an expert but from what I can discern they are largely unregulated. There are many unscrupulous traders who'll take cash from just about anybody for gun purchases.

So just because terrorists can use a truck means you have to have no controls on guns? Twisted logic.
IMG-20161013-_WA0027.jpg

#12 Oct 02, 2017 10:39 am

Real Distwalker
Active

If you are a dealer at a gun show anywhere in the United States, you must perform a federal background check before selling a firearm to anyone.  Failure to do so is a felony with mandatory jail time.  I have never known a single dealer to risk a felony by selling a firearm to what could very well be a paid informant of the BATF.   

The gun show fear is largely uninformed hysteria.

New Historian wrote:

So just because terrorists can use a truck means you have to have no controls on guns? Twisted logic.

That wasn't the point I was making nor was it the logic I was using.  My point was that the world is a dangerous place and banning guns won't make you safe.  In fact, it isn't even a factor in most specific places.

I am at much greater risk of being the victim of violent crime in Paris, London or Madrid on any given night than I am in my town in Iowa.  Everybody is armed here and, supposedly, nobody is in Paris, London or Madrid.   It isn't guns that makes a place dangerous or my town would be more dangerous than London, and it most certainly isn't.

#13 Oct 02, 2017 10:44 am

Real Distwalker
Active

AP Newswire: Without providing evidence, Islamic State claims Las Vegas attack, says shooter converted to Islam months ago. http://apne.ws/vpQVVhV

#14 Oct 02, 2017 10:46 am

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

AP Newswire: Without providing evidence, Islamic State claims Las Vegas attack, says shooter converted to Islam months ago. http://apne.ws/vpQVVhV

Sounds like bandwagon-jumping to me

#15 Oct 02, 2017 10:47 am

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

Sounds like bandwagon-jumping to me

I agree. I'd say that is almost certainly the case.  We shall see.

I hear ISIS claimed Hurricane Irma converted to Islam before attacking Florida.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Oct 02, 2017 10:51 am)

#16 Oct 02, 2017 11:01 am

New Historian
Active

"I hear ISIS claimed Hurricane Irma converted to Islam before attacking Florida."

So she was really Hurricane Imra!!

On a semi serious note you heard these claims about "weaponization of weather"? You can't make this stuff up. But then, they can seed the clouds, so.......?

http://www.stillnessinthestorm.com/2017 … heses.html

#17 Oct 02, 2017 11:31 am

New Historian
Active

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41466614

Two knifed to death, what would have been the result if he had easy access to firearms?

#18 Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I hear you but, dude, the danger isn't in the firearms.  We have easy access to firearms here and there hasn't been a shooting in my township since 1888.   No knifings either.  In fact, the last murder in my township was 1972.

#19 Oct 02, 2017 11:49 am

Dancer
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I hear you but, dude, the danger isn't in the firearms.  We have easy access to firearms here and there hasn't been a shooting in my township since 1888.   No knifings either.  In fact, the last murder in my township was 1972.

Well there is no one to kill.... 200 people .... all family .... living , all behind god's back.
Not a good example of gun and knife crimes.

Deers are us. lol.

#20 Oct 02, 2017 11:50 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Something more than 200.  Maybe 2,500 in the whole township.  Yet just about every house has guns.  Nobody shoots anybody else.

Board footer