You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Oct 03, 2017 11:49 am

Slice
Active

Re: Nigga-toes!!!

Real Distwalker wrote:

My wife and I recently saw a bumper sticker.  All it said was "Don't be a dick."  She and I agreed: Words to live by. 

Christ called us all to live as brothers and sisters and, by God, that's what we should be doing.

How can ah White boy from Iowa make these statements?  Man you are brave and very different. I know if the parents are like that, the  kids are the same.  Now did you children teach you or you thought them?

#12 Oct 03, 2017 11:55 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Mark 12:28-31New International Version (NIV)

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.”

I ain't saying I always live up to Christ's expectations - I most certainly don't.  It is very, very difficult but I am trying really hard.

#13 Oct 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

"My last story, Me and me family saw a car stuck on the side of the road, we all got out and try to help.  But we needed more bodies to push the car, after all it was showing. We ask for help as a few drivers pass by.  Three folks started to help, once they realize it was not me that is stuck, but the White driver, they all said to hell with his White ASs and they all left.  This was my first lesson in race relation in America."

It cuts both sides, like a double-edged machete. I never forget in a crowded bar when the first OJ verdict came out: one side cheered the other jeered. Guess which half was which?

That was the days when you though Africans-Americans and us were brothers and sisters.  Like you I cheered for that ASSHOLE also.

All the folks who migrated to America, I only know about two who married Americans.

As ah Grenadian just arriving in America, I mostly dated American women, when it was time to settle down ah moved to the Caribbean community.

#14 Oct 04, 2017 2:20 pm

New Historian
Active

I decided it was best if I asked him first if I could take his picture! He drawled "Sure son, welcome to Dixie!"

Dixie.jpg

#15 Oct 04, 2017 4:23 pm

houston
Active

Great stuff Historian, I love those vivid details.
Man, you have had some experiences.

#16 Oct 05, 2017 6:23 am

Dancer
Active

houston wrote:

Great stuff Historian, I love those vivid details.
Man, you have had some experiences.

I would like to see him in front of a polygraph machine. lol.

#17 Oct 05, 2017 9:03 am

Slice
Active

So I and most poster have ah choices.  lets compare you Dancer and NH, I think the easiest way to do this, is take ah look at both posters.  Here is the difference I see in both of you.  You Dancer is ah WANNA BE.  Most of your post are about Hollywood folks.  Who the hell care if Megan Kelly sleeps with ah donkey?  Not me.  I happen to like and care about NH travels. I like his real life experiences.  I love his story about the journey to Trinidad, in that boat.  His stories are real and about everyday people.

To hell with the Fat Cats in Hollywood.

Just to me, you stories are very boring.

Say what you want about Kaiso, she is ah lively poster. Her post is also  mostly about who she is, not some Hollywood star.

Dancer, this is just Slice talking, you might have some fans on here, just not Slice.

#18 Oct 05, 2017 9:06 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Yeah, NH has the best posts on here.  I used to think that was MRP before he descended into Trumpanzee madness.

#19 Oct 05, 2017 9:20 am

New Historian
Active

Aww shucks guys, I'm blushing! Well if I could lol!!

#20 Oct 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Yeah, NH has the best posts on here.  I used to think that was MRP before he descended into Trumpanzee madness.

Ah wonder if Corporal Naught, go award him the TALKSHOPPER of the year.  Too hell with CN, Since the New shop, NH has been the TOP TALKSHOPPER.

Next time ah in Grenada for being the Top Talkshopper, we are going out to either Lunch or Dinner, in a restaurant of your choosing. Leh me tell you me favorite eating joint in Grenada, it is Sweet Traditions.  I know it is not a top quality restaurant, but ah just love that little place, only for pastries, not their other food.

I ran into Expat, in that place.

That restaurant on the esplanade(sheet ah forget how to spell it) is ok too,  The food is nice. Hate the seating arrangement.  Sitting there with wife some goon with no respect decided to join us.  That BASTARD had no table manners and really upset my lunch.

Wait ah forget, GMW suggested ah real nice restaurant of the Calivagny Main road down that hill.  That was really ah sweet experience and kinda very classy.

Last edited by Slice (Oct 05, 2017 12:48 pm)

Board footer