You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Oct 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Guns versus cars

So, what are you saying?  That the New York Times is carrying water for the NRA?   HAHAHAHAHAHA!

#12 Oct 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

In America, at any given time the government, Federal or local, can tell how many cars you own: you have to register them, insure them, pay an annual tax on them and have a licence to drive them. Cars are an essential piece of modern equipment and they are, for 99.9% of the miles they are driven, safe as houses.

In America, no government, no agency and no individual would ever have any idea of how many guns a person owns. You don't need a licence to own one, you don't need to register them or insure them. Guns are not an essential piece of equipment, guns kill and injure people a hundred times more than cars do, if you compare bullets fired to miles driven.

America now is no different to the Wild West, in fact with open carry of modern-day firepower, America is a lot more lethal than the Wild West.

Is that "evolving"?

Personally, I think conceled is by far the best option. No intimidated for the faint of heart, yet availibility in a crisis.

#13 Oct 09, 2017 8:39 pm

New Historian
Active

"Personally, I think conceled is by far the best option. No intimidated for the faint of heart, yet availibility in a crisis."

I could agree with that. But to have rednecks walking into an IHOP armed with an AR-15 while I'm trying to eat my bacon-cheese heart attack special, no thanks.

#14 Oct 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"Personally, I think conceled is by far the best option. No intimidated for the faint of heart, yet availibility in a crisis."

I could agree with that. But to have rednecks walking into an IHOP armed with an AR-15 while I'm trying to eat my bacon-cheese heart attack special, no thanks.

Somehow, unless they were carrying guitar cases I don't think you can easily do conceiled carry with a long rifle.

Generally speaking dudes walking around with 2nd ammendement chips strung over their shoulders are just out to provoke, and test the waters, and maybe trying to embarrass a newbie cop on flue tube. Bit  saddo really.

Dunno, but Hollywood aside weren't most wheel guns of old carried by cowboys for dispatching lame cattle, and horses.

Could be wrong, but I suspect more people have been "killed" in an hour and a half of a cowboy movie than happened in the entire short era of the Wild West that it was. Not forgetting a lot of those cowboys were Black, something most of the earlier movies of that genre completey ignore.

#15 Oct 10, 2017 8:33 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

So, what are you saying?  That the New York Times is carrying water for the NRA?   HAHAHAHAHAHA!

One thing about you.  Not often you make ah mistake, but ah doh even have to tell you, you know those number you posted are are not right.  I will get back to you, when ah find wha ah looking for.

#16 Oct 10, 2017 8:37 am

Real Distwalker
Active

They are right if you recognize what they are showing.

Board footer