You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Oct 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Vanni
Active

... and Harvey Weinstein ...

One new scandal around sex.

There is a recurring history of men and women who have been exploiting their power in exchange for sex, so young "consenting" ladies or men could have access to fame. We can trust that they will be meeting their conscience. Actually, both, the exploiter, and the one who sold and depreciated him/herself to get famous.

Now, how about this - other than genuine rape, where the victim cannot defend him/herself despite the most violent efforts, and not wanting to depreciate the actresse's distress, but there was a remedy for her ordeal: NO! As much in attitude as in words.

Quoting:

"... alleges that Weinstein raped her when she was 21. She told The New Yorker she had been invited to what she thought was a party in his Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc room near Cannes, but found herself alone with him. He changed into a bathrobe and asked her to give him a massage. She said she had reluctantly agreed, but that he pulled her skirt up and forcibly performed oral sex on her. She said she felt guilty about what she described a “horrible trauma” and for not fighting him off. She later went on to have consensual sexual relations with him, which she described to the magazine as one-sided and onanistic, because she believed he would ruin her career if she didn’t comply. “After the rape, he won,” she said."

"forcibly performed oral sex on her" ... how does that exactly work if she could run away?

Couldn't she firmly refuse - and others who are emerging to accuse him of rape in similar circumstances - couldn't she firmly refuse, as some other actresses have done with him, and stopping it before it would degrade into this slime?

If already promoting ethics, wasn't this lukewarm acceptance encouraging the guy to continue his filthy job, as it worked with this and other persons who are joining now crying rape - wait: rape? What is rape exactly? In my humble opinion, rape is when the assaulted person totally refuses and is physically unable to run away or defend him/herself, despite the most violent efforts.

Under the described circumstances, it seems to me that it was still the person's opportunity and choice to refuse ... or to accept ... if the person favours fame over ethics.

No question, Weinstein has committed filthy crimes: he is guilty. But as I understand it, it was in some cases with some amount of consent on behalf of his victims. A consent which encouraged him to carry on. If so: is he alone guilty?

Am I missing something?

Last edited by Vanni (Oct 15, 2017 2:18 pm)

Offline

#2 Oct 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: ... and Harvey Weinstein ...

Money  and fame talks Vanni .  Yesterday , today  , and Tomorrow.
Harvey was a pro. lo.
Cosby is not feeling so alone now. They all seem to do it.

Sad.

Offline

#3 Oct 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Vanni
Active

Re: ... and Harvey Weinstein ...

This is possibly the major human challenge: how to use our power.

If we consider life as a space for experience and awareness training, some are doing their doctorate now.

It needs to be exposed, but beware and let's use what appears to me as a growing general lack of common sense: some of these people could have been discouraged at an early stage.

Last edited by Vanni (Oct 15, 2017 4:11 pm)

Offline

#4 Oct 18, 2017 6:05 am

Calypso
Active

Re: ... and Harvey Weinstein ...

Vanni wrote:

This is possibly the major human challenge: how to use our power.

If we consider life as a space for experience and awareness training, some are doing their doctorate now.

It needs to be exposed, but beware and let's use what appears to me as a growing general lack of common sense: some of these people could have been discouraged at an early stage.


Do you do it too Dancer? For if you are guilty that would make you the ultimate hypocrite!
Yes Cosby and Weinstein are predators who masked themselves as being decent human beings. They are scumbags who pretend to be the perfect family man. I wonder who is going to be the next power broker caught in a scandal?

Offline

#5 Oct 18, 2017 7:37 am

Slice
Active

Re: ... and Harvey Weinstein ...

Listen allyu ah wonder how many women career he made, by having sex with them wanted or unwanted.  Now ah also wonder how many women he really did not have any contact with, but are now claiming that he did.

People are just too damn hypocrite most times.

That FRIGGING Gloria Alred or what the hell her name is, she was his lawyer for years and knew what he did, but still worked for him.  Now she is crying BLOODY MURDER.  GEE me ah frigging break.

Could anyone believe that FOX news is also having ah Field day with that  Weinstein story?  GEEE me ah FRIGGING break.

Offline

#6 Oct 18, 2017 8:51 am

Dancer
Active

Re: ... and Harvey Weinstein ...

Calypso wrote:
Vanni wrote:

This is possibly the major human challenge: how to use our power.

If we consider life as a space for experience and awareness training, some are doing their doctorate now.

It needs to be exposed, but beware and let's use what appears to me as a growing general lack of common sense: some of these people could have been discouraged at an early stage.


Do you do it too Dancer? For if you are guilty that would make you the ultimate hypocrite!
Yes Cosby and Weinstein are predators who masked themselves as being decent human beings. They are scumbags who pretend to be the perfect family man. I wonder who is going to be the next power broker caught in a scandal?



No wham , bam ,  thank you Ma'am , for moi.  No fun . The joy of the 'hunt' is ....
.........

When  'HARVEY'  met you , he got a big surprise , he was the one being chased around the couch.
'Lawd ! What a predator. JA you good?
lol

Offline

#7 Oct 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: ... and Harvey Weinstein ...

Dancer wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Vanni wrote:

This is possibly the major human challenge: how to use our power.

If we consider life as a space for experience and awareness training, some are doing their doctorate now.

It needs to be exposed, but beware and let's use what appears to me as a growing general lack of common sense: some of these people could have been discouraged at an early stage.


Do you do it too Dancer? For if you are guilty that would make you the ultimate hypocrite!
Yes Cosby and Weinstein are predators who masked themselves as being decent human beings. They are scumbags who pretend to be the perfect family man. I wonder who is going to be the next power broker caught in a scandal?



No wham , bam ,  thank you Ma'am , for moi.  No fun . The joy of the 'hunt' is ....
.........

When  'HARVEY'  met you , he got a big surprise , he was the one being chased around the couch.
'Lawd ! What a predator. JA you good?
lol



My preys are young, beautiful, fit men, not middle-aged slobs!

Offline

#8 Oct 19, 2017 7:17 am

Vanni
Active

Re: ... and Harvey Weinstein ...

It's urgent to acknowledge the real rapes, and not water them down with half-consented intercourse.

I trust it that Weinstein & Co are going to meet the consequences. It's not just Weinstein: there is a whole network of rapists and pedophiles!

But may those who CAN refuse, do so, and denounce the person, and discourage anything further. Is this the price some are willing to pay for fame and money?

And may each one who could not even run away be given the opportunity to speak up safely. And may those who did such a thing get to understand how horribly indecent and harmful it was - if they care or manage it to understand at all. Lost souls ... who are inoculating their venom and generate more lost souls. Who in their turn ... so we have to stop it. Now.

Last edited by Vanni (Oct 19, 2017 7:18 am)

Offline

#9 Oct 19, 2017 10:50 am

Slice
Active

Re: ... and Harvey Weinstein ...

Vanni, doh fool yourself, it will never ever stop.  Please I am not condoning any of it.  My only argument is some woman flirted with him.  They knew how powerful, he was and they wanted ah career.

I now believe that sex is so much better, if the woman hand it to you on a Gold platter.

Offline

#10 Oct 20, 2017 6:29 am

Dancer
Active

Re: ... and Harvey Weinstein ...

Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Do you do it too Dancer? For if you are guilty that would make you the ultimate hypocrite!
Yes Cosby and Weinstein are predators who masked themselves as being decent human beings. They are scumbags who pretend to be the perfect family man. I wonder who is going to be the next power broker caught in a scandal?



No wham , bam ,  thank you Ma'am , for moi.  No fun . The joy of the 'hunt' is ....
.........

When  'HARVEY'  met you , he got a big surprise , he was the one being chased around the couch.
'Lawd ! What a predator. JA you good?
lol



My preys are young, beautiful, fit men, not middle-aged slobs!


.... Whatever you say ' Ms calypso.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB