You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Oct 16, 2017 10:07 am

Dancer
Active

RD and the Cop-out

George Wills Says : Sinister figures lurk around  our President.

One of the reasons I was  a supporter of RD  was that he brought to the board  a perception of the ' fairly strong mainstream' American  values and points of view that few West Indian TS  would  have access  to ,  and he was from Iowa.

So he was the average American Joe in lots of way. His seeing the world was right here on TS.
America , ra, ra, ra.
siding with the Tea Party and other Rt Wing loonies .
Helped ... make Trump Pres.

THEN
'make America great again'  .... seems to be not working
Who to blame .....  RD says Hillary.
Russia the Pres friend .... lol.

SO .... who is to blame for these affairs. Tea Party , RD ,  Alex Jones,  Talk radio ?

RD says he found the Lord . He wants peace and love.
'Well Mr Iowa silence on your nation's  parties and Govt ... is not cutting it.

Born Again ??    Not so fast .  Sad. lol

#2 Oct 16, 2017 11:59 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: RD and the Cop-out

I am not "born again".  I don't believe in that nonsense.  I am a mainstream Protestant.  I am not a "bible thumper" or a "Jesus freak".  I am just a garden variety Christian of the Lutheran variety.

I remain a conservative.  I do not believe in government solutions to personal problems. The Founders saw Americans as individualistic, self-reliant, modest in their national ambitions, suspicious of the passions of the masses and in need of little from any sort of central bureaucracy. I agree with them.

It seems the country has gone another way. They want the choice to be the governmental solutions of Party #1 vs. the governmental solutions of Party #2. Trump isn't a conservative, at least not how I define the word.  He is a right-wing populist.  That is just big-government by other means.  I want no part of that.

#3 Oct 16, 2017 8:16 pm

houston
Active

Dancer wrote:

George Wills Says : Sinister figures lurk around  our President.

One of the reasons I was  a supporter of RD  was that he brought to the board  a perception of the ' fairly strong mainstream' American  values and points of view that few West Indian TS  would  have access  to ,  and he was from Iowa.

So he was the average American Joe in lots of way. His seeing the world was right here on TS.
America , ra, ra, ra.
siding with the Tea Party and other Rt Wing loonies .
Helped ... make Trump Pres.

THEN
'make America great again'  .... seems to be not working
Who to blame .....  RD says Hillary.
Russia the Pres friend .... lol.

SO .... who is to blame for these affairs. Tea Party , RD ,  Alex Jones,  Talk radio ?

RD says he found the Lord . He wants peace and love.
'Well Mr Iowa silence on your nation's  parties and Govt ... is not cutting it.

Born Again ??    Not so fast .  Sad. lol

When I first tuned into this forum about 13 years ago I couldn't believe the gall of this American saying that Canada was America's hat and all the other typical American arrogant shyte.
Since then I have learned that Real Distwalker is an honest person with a strong conviction to what he believes in. He always has an option that he defends and stands by, no mater the flack that he receives in return. The opinions are always good and educational. Very interesting perspectives from Iowa.
Americans do take a beating these days but the world knows that the United States are leaders in research and development. Americans are no dummies, they'll get through this tail spin.

#4 Oct 17, 2017 7:08 am

Slice
Active

Yep to be honest, upon RD's Arrival to Talkshop, I was saying this Whiteboy from Iowa, have more guts than bolley. How the hell he could stand toe to toe, on this Grenadian forum, with all them Grenadians?  Leh me also say, he was abused, by most Talkshoppers.  I think I was the only one who defended him.  Later White Head man also defended him.

I though he was treated wrong.  I was saying at that time Grenada depends on tourism, and for us to to that to any person is just wrong. 

Then RD visited the DC area.  I did not meet him then, but the report I got from Spider, was that he is real KEWL.  I think he and Spider even visited ah night club.   Again Spider said to me, that RD was real comfortable in that night club, full of West Indians.

I think allyu just just start seeing that RD is really ah good person, and anytime he decides to Leave Talkshop, it will be dead.  Well NH and ah few others are doing great, but there are no Talkshop without RD.

A few months ago, I text, called or E-mail RD Daily, so you know ah know him very well.  Some secrets I will never reveal.  leh me reveal one, ah hope he doh mind.  RD is almost Filthy Rich.  Ah done.

#5 Oct 17, 2017 7:50 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Thank you guys for the kind words.

#6 Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am

Dancer
Active

I was  not into any glad tidings when I wrote what I did . And I am pretty sure RD understands ,  to clarify .....

Cop Out  :  An excuse designed to shirk responsibility.   ......   ....  clear . lol

Listen to McCain yesterday ???

>> Slams " Half baked " spurious nationalism sweeping U.S. in passionate speech. <<

"I have been mentioning loads of times " A great deal of US citizens , don't know what (USA)   is all about "

Ok RD.  You are not McCain.

Board footer