You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Oct 17, 2017 8:23 pm

gripe
Active

Faber's Racism:"Thank God" Whites Populated U.S. & Not Blacks/Zimbabwe

Here is the quote that has led to Faber's ouster from the board of the Canadian asset management firm, Sprott:

"Thank God white people populated America, and not the blacks," he wrote. "Otherwise, the US would look like Zimbabwe, which it might look like one day anyway, but at least America enjoyed 200 years in the economic and political sun under a white majority."

Read the controversy here: http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/17/investi … index.html

#2 Oct 18, 2017 4:57 am

Calypso
Active

Re: Faber's Racism:"Thank God" Whites Populated U.S. & Not Blacks/Zimbabwe

I am rather accepting of Mr. Faber's overt racism. As people of color we know where we stand with pigs like him! Those companies who spoke out against him are indeed racist just like him. They do it under the table. I once took a course called "Racism in America." One of the chapters called "The Secret North" spoke about the other type of racism. It is hidden and masked. If you are qualified for a position and send in your resume, they'll overlook it and smile politely into your face, instead of saying "NO NIG2ERS  SHOULD APPLY!" Faber is a blatant racist and that is good. You know where you stand with him! Some Afro-Americans who move back to the south will tell you this, they like the racial division there for it is direct not duplicitous. like in the northern states who clam they are not racist. Let Faber speak his mind!

#3 Oct 19, 2017 12:29 pm

gripe
Active

Re: Faber's Racism:"Thank God" Whites Populated U.S. & Not Blacks/Zimbabwe

Calypso, my co-worker shared your view that it is better to know the awful thinking of racists like Mr. Faber. You know where he stands while others, with similar or more sinister views, may be lurking in the corners, even though they, too, may be publicly condemning Mr. Faber.

I say, again, life can be one humongous headache with racist jabs a part of that torture! Our task, our challenge, is to somehow navigate and resolve those types of problems.

Board footer