You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Oct 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Slice
Active

WHEN I AM NOT IN MY ELEMENT AH START SWEATING PINK.

Lord ah had to do some shopping for Grenada on Monday.  I did all I can to get outa it, but in the end ah just had too.  I got the requirement from wife and ah gone.  It took four hours to select the appliances.  Then ah got fraid to pull the trigger, so went back home and decided not to buy sheet.

Then ah remember ah have to deal with she when she gets home;so, back ah went.  When it was time to pay ah started sweating pink again.  I pay and went home and started feel real good about me self.  I said to meself Great job.

Then Wifee got home later that night and I showed her all her requirements and all what I bought, and my whole day fell apart, she did not like nothing ah bought.

I tried and ah fail, never me again.

#2 Oct 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: WHEN I AM NOT IN MY ELEMENT AH START SWEATING PINK.

Yeah, I know that drill. Why should you be any different?  It's never enough and it is never correct.

#3 Oct 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Expat
Active

You ent learn nutting in all those years?

"You have the worst taste, you don't know where to shop, you paid too much, you just plain doltish".  Surely you knew that, and you STILL went out by yourself? Man, you need your arse kicked for real.

Wifey is not there to make life easy. She was designed to make you second and third guess every move you make. AND what ever you chose will be wrong.... especially appliances.

Actually think very long and hard about appliances... if you are wired 110 volts you need a FO transformer which will suck juice even when nothing is plugged in. 220/240 is the way to go In Grenada.

#4 Oct 18, 2017 3:32 pm

New Historian
Active

"220/240 is the way to go In Grenada."

110/120 is so lame, can barely boil a kettle of water lol! But wha de ass you buying wifey appliances for? Like Expat say: yu ent learn nuttin?

#5 Oct 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Just so you understand, every American home is wired for and receives 220/240 volts.  It is simply stepped down for some appliances that do not need that much voltage and amps.  Our electric range and our clothes dryer, for example, are 220/240.  Most in the US are.

#6 Oct 18, 2017 4:23 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Just so you understand, every American home is wired for and receives 220/240 volts.  It is simply stepped down for some appliances that do not need that much voltage and amps.  Our electric range and our clothes dryer, for example, are 220/240.  Most in the US are.

Yeah me know dat, should start making more 220 appliances, they are more efficient.

And don't even talk about the US television system!

#7 Oct 19, 2017 10:18 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

You ent learn nutting in all those years?

"You have the worst taste, you don't know where to shop, you paid too much, you just plain doltish".  Surely you knew that, and you STILL went out by yourself? Man, you need your arse kicked for real.

Wifey is not there to make life easy. She was designed to make you second and third guess every move you make. AND what ever you chose will be wrong.... especially appliances.

Actually think very long and hard about appliances... if you are wired 110 volts you need a FO transformer which will suck juice even when nothing is plugged in. 220/240 is the way to go In Grenada.

One day ah paint the basement and again ah feeling great, me and me PADNAH, and then wife come home and she started pointing all the faults.  That was it for me.  Pay ah painter.  Lord ah try to get outa buying those things, but I just could not.  My apartment will be converted to 110.   Wish ah could ah buy appliances in Grenada, but the choices are not there.  Nothing to choose from.

#8 Oct 19, 2017 10:25 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

"220/240 is the way to go In Grenada."

110/120 is so lame, can barely boil a kettle of water lol! But wha de ass you buying wifey appliances for? Like Expat say: yu ent learn nuttin?

Women are not dumb, that is some of them.  She know it is home for me and she could get me involved.  She also know that if we need appliances for America, I would rather divorce her than buy them.

#9 Oct 19, 2017 10:27 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

Yeah me know dat, should start making more 220 appliances, they are more efficient.

And don't even talk about the US television system!

I did not know that.  That is news to me.

So RD where does the step down starts?

Last edited by Slice (Oct 19, 2017 1:39 pm)

#10 Oct 19, 2017 11:56 am

Real Distwalker
Active

If you use one wire and the neutral, you get 120 V.  If you use both wires and the neutral, you get 240.  240 outlets look different and are the kind you see behind your electric range or your electric dryer.

Board footer