You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#21 Oct 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Re: WHEN I AM NOT IN MY ELEMENT AH START SWEATING PINK.

Slice wrote:

Lord ah had to do some shopping for Grenada on Monday.  I did all I can to get outa it, but in the end ah just had too.  I got the requirement from wife and ah gone.  It took four hours to select the appliances.  Then ah got fraid to pull the trigger, so went back home and decided not to buy sheet.

Then ah remember ah have to deal with she when she gets home;so, back ah went.  When it was time to pay ah started sweating pink again.  I pay and went home and started feel real good about me self.  I said to meself Great job.

Then Wifee got home later that night and I showed her all her requirements and all what I bought, and my whole day fell apart, she did not like nothing ah bought.

I tried and ah fail, never me again.

Slice like  your Mammie really wanted to get rid of you  Your wife will make a man out of you she sounds like a sweet person  nice choice, but she kinda spoil  you she should let you arse  look Chaka on the road . She is a nice person If  this piece of  gossip is true  shall I swallow this pill? . Did you consider taking up writing  like writing gossip blogs and emails most folks don't need evidence all stories on the net is true for shallow folks and phycos. A baby smoked 10 pack a day etc lol.  I used to gossip but I stop  to work on my  figure gossips have no real evidence most I met are snakes and malicious jealous folks that will fly miles to do voodoo on weak people.

#22 Oct 19, 2017 11:01 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
New Historian wrote:

"If you use one wire and the neutral, you get 120 V." Is that the proper way to do it? That is also news to me!

When ah was a kid, me muma send me ah radio from America, dummy me ah rig the thing so ah could plug it in.  It lasted two seconds.  NH you go and follow RD direction and you go see wha go happen to your appliance or what ever you plug in.

Dudsky, you are kinda getting it back to front.

American radios etc are 110/120.... you plugged it into 240,,,,,, BBBBbang.

Grenada input IS 240, and you use a sod off Transforemer to step it down, as we dont have the 4 wire set up.... as far as I know coming into your house. Certainly the ones I have seen run tandem sockets, but have the transformer feed the 110/120.

I bought a soldering iron from ACE the other day, I thought I would have time to freeze a can of ice cream the time it took to get hot.

#23 Oct 20, 2017 12:07 am

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
New Historian wrote:

"If you use one wire and the neutral, you get 120 V." Is that the proper way to do it? That is also news to me!

Well, that oversimplifies it a bit since there is two phase and three phase 240v and not all sites can get three phase power.  That said, my explanation is still correct.  It is no coincidence that 120V is half 240V as this diagram shows the wiring.

http://www.beananimal.com/media/3180/sp … 0small.gif

RD is correct, 240v single phase supply to residential. The stove, dryer and air conditioner require that voltage. Yes the neutral on the 120 circuit goes to ground.

Board footer