You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#21 Oct 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Expat
Active

Re: I love Africa; but SOME things are just DARK!!!

houston wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Paul Mooney: brilliant!!!

I fail to see the humour when comics expect a laugh from material based on racism, not funny.
Racism is every where, not hard to find. A mirror is always nearby.

Nope, it's funny, it's just awkward that He can say the N Word a million times, but if a White person made similar jokes which WOULD be ironic, and self deprecating THEY would be burned at the stake.

#22 Oct 23, 2017 6:09 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

"They have the mindset of baboons, even when they are educated. The way they think of women, relationships, etc. is outdated."

So why you dated so many of them lol?

The ones I dated were educated and quite wealthy unlike most black men in America. They took me to nice places and as a young woman I liked that. One of them  bought me a really expensive string of pearls that I cherish to this day! So bad he was a blasted asshole!

#23 Oct 23, 2017 6:56 am

Slice
Active

Something is very wrong with Africa and their women. I can not forget what this African told me, she said as ah young women growing up, the sole intent of the leaders of Nigeria was that every woman take care of the men.  There are  schools in Africa that teaches women how to take care of their men.  That is the bad news.  Now the Good news, ah really think Dancer and Kaiso should attend that school.

#24 Oct 23, 2017 10:18 am

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

"They have the mindset of baboons, even when they are educated. The way they think of women, relationships, etc. is outdated."

The ones I dated were educated and quite wealthy unlike most black men in America. They took me to nice places and as a young woman I liked that. One of them  bought me a really expensive string of pearls that I cherish to this day! So bad he was a blasted asshole!

Eh Eh, I teenk I haf seen yu somewhair beforrr.

Now this is subscribing to the Obeah mentality, but I know people who have had direct dialogue with Nigerians, and those Nigerians have said DO NOT TRUST, they are not nice people, they have tricks to hold you.

I directly know someone who dated a Nigerian in University, and whether it was their own fault through infatuation or not, she totally under performed in exams, and when the boy moved on the woman was left with debts that she carried into her 40's.

#25 Oct 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Now this is subscribing to the Obeah mentality, but I know people who have had direct dialogue with Nigerians, and those Nigerians have said DO NOT TRUST, they are not nice people, they have tricks to hold you.

I directly know someone who dated a Nigerian in University, and whether it was their own fault through infatuation or not, she totally under performed in exams, and when the boy moved on the woman was left with debts that she carried into her 40's.

Strangely enough, the wealthier ones I dated were Nigerians, I've also dated  ones from Ghana and the Cameroons. None left me in debt but I would marry any of them. I have friends who did and they are still together and the men are successful. I have other Caribbean women who have been unlucky with them. Life is a chance or even about having luck.

#26 Oct 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Strangely enough, the wealthier ones I dated were Nigerians, I've also dated  ones from Ghana and the Cameroons. None left me in debt but I would marry any of them. I have friends who did and they are still together and the men are successful. I have other Caribbean women who have been unlucky with them. Life is a chance or even about having luck.

Oh I should add another one I directly know... of the older generation who again married a Nigerian... went off to Nigeria after selling off HER house with 2 kids I think it was, right to the ends of the earth, hated  it, wanted to come home ... was never going to happen... called a friend, who set a rescue into motion (lets say they were connected) She and kids were grabbed and exported pronto. She is firmly of the belief she would have disappeared. This was after the bugger sucked her finances dry, and I mean DRY.

Board footer