You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Dec 19, 2016 11:57 am

Webmaster
Administrator

All posts in one category...

Let's try this for a while then.  It seems like the categories were overwhelming for some folks.  Let's try putting everything in one place like the old Talkshop.  One category and one forum.

All the old categories are still there and they can be easily returned.   Still, this is worth a try.  Post anything you want here on any topic.

Let's see if this is better.

If you want to come straight to the topic list, bookmark this URL:

http://www.spiceislandertalkshop.com/ol … m.php?id=6

#2 Dec 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Slice

Re: All posts in one category...

Can we leave for the photo section?

#3 Dec 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Slice

Slice wrote:

Can we leave for the photo section?

Never mind, Lets see if we like it better.

#4 Dec 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Webmaster
Administrator

We can have whatever categories make sense but it seems people liked the old site where everything was in one place.  Let's see how this works and add new categories as needed.

#5 Dec 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Real Distwalker

Folks didn't like the categories, huh?  Too complicated I suppose.  Not everybody can handle, you know, filing. smile

#6 Dec 19, 2016 2:13 pm

afihtan

I like the initial look of "everything in one place" but I think ability to search or sort by the categories makes sense. For those like me who often quickly pop in and out, one thread with all notifications is great. A separate Photo section like Slice suggested makes sense even if you consolidate.

#7 Dec 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Slice

afihtan wrote:

I like the initial look of "everything in one place" but I think ability to search or sort by the categories makes sense. For those like me who often quickly pop in and out, one thread with all notifications is great. A separate Photo section like Slice suggested makes sense even if you consolidate.

I could never post ah pic, in the ole talkshop, too damn complicated.  The New shop it is real easy, I guess the moderator aims to please so lets try, this new thing ah suppose.

#8 Dec 19, 2016 6:15 pm

Real Distwalker

Maybe now that it is simplified Expat will come back.  This is simple enough for even that doddering old geezer. smile

#9 Dec 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Expat

Oh you noticed there was no input.

My latest comments are there for you to see.

IMO it is still too deep.   You have to scroll through comment after comment every time you check a thread.

In the old days you knew what you had or hadn't read on any given thread without opening it.

Just put back the damn original matrix and admit it's crap...

#10 Dec 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Real Distwalker

Why stop there?  Let's make it old school!

il_570xN.778425758_92s4.jpg

The webmaster said the old software is dead.  Let it rest in peace.

Or do what everybody else in the world has done.  Set up a Facebook group.  I bet even you could pull that off.

Board footer