You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Oct 26, 2017 7:18 am

Slice
Active

Re: TODAY IN GRENADA HISTORY.

New Historian wrote:

I bought every book on the Revo and invasion I could find, this one by Mark Adkin is the best account of the military side  of the operation. He's at times scathing about the US military and (lack of) intelligence but overall seems balanced. I still have my copy and NO ONE can borrow it lol!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3916385-urgent-fury

I did the same, bought everything about the revo I came across.  I drove down to DC and waited for hours to buy an LP with Maurice speeches.  Where are they now? You may ask.  I have no idea.  I load them out and got nothing back.  What ah FRIGGING mistake on me.

There is a book event that comes to Baltimore every few years, and you could  still buy some stuff about the revo, but that comes with ah catch, you have to join their club, and ah fraid to join any Communist club in this country.

#12 Oct 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Slice wrote:

I did not know, that America bungled this.  RD never told us they almost did not make it.  All news report said, all went rather smoothly.

You misunderstand.  I never said or implied that it almost failed.  There was never the slightest chance that it would have failed.  I said there were many mistakes, bad intelligence and more American deaths than should have been expected.  The operation, however, was never at risk of failing.

It would be a bit hard not to overrun one of the smallest occupied Caribbean Islands with a few trained militia with the might of the USA just up the road.

Just like Argentina should never have lost to Britain fully stretched at the extreme of its supply line.

Now NK could be another story altogether.

Kim I hear plans to take out most of the World if NK is going to be annihilated.

#13 Oct 27, 2017 7:08 am

Slice
Active

As an X-PRA,  I could confirm, that if America invaded Grenada before Cuba got involved, it would take about 5minutes to have the island under control.  Ah tell you Dummy us thought we had the arms to take out the US, when they invaded.  There were a few small arms, but the majority was 303 rifles and 80% was not working.

I actually was going to commit my first murder, so I aim and pull the trigger, but the damn 303 did not go off and the sick dog got away, but not for long someone with ah Hand gun got it.

Board footer