You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Dec 19, 2016 12:43 pm

Real Distwalker

Today is election day!

Well, it is the day the electors cast their votes for president. How many faithless GOP electors do you think will cast a vote for someone other than Trump? One Texas elector says he will. Will there be others?

I think there is a 0.0 percent chance that Trump won't get the votes today.

#2 Dec 19, 2016 1:58 pm

gripe

Re: Today is election day!

I am hoping for the Electors to do the right thing and scuttle Trump!

#3 Dec 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Real Distwalker

Nope.  Trump just crossed the 270 line.  He will be next president.

History was made today, however.  Hillary Clinton lost five electoral votes to faithless electors (so far).  That is more than any candidate for president since the 1800s.

#4 Dec 19, 2016 10:17 pm

gripe

Tell us the truth (barring the fact that the decision is, I know, a private one): did you contribute to that fiasco on November 8, 2016?

#5 Dec 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Real Distwalker

gripe wrote:

Tell us the truth (barring the fact that the decision is, I know, a private one): did you contribute to that fiasco on November 8, 2016?

I voted for Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson.

#6 Dec 20, 2016 8:40 am

Slice

Can't figure out why folks are blaming Trump for his Election win.  The person that are truly to be blamed is that scamp Hillary.  She was  ah bad candidate, and they knew it, but they, meaning the brass in the Democratic party, choose personality over party.  I hope the message was sent and that the democratics start the rebuilding process.  Throw out all the ole guards and start fresh.

Elect the first Muslim as the Chairman of the party, with all news faces.

#7 Dec 20, 2016 8:45 am

Real Distwalker

I agree.  It was a race to determine the worst candidate in history.  Trump came in second.

#8 Dec 20, 2016 12:35 pm

gripe

Your conclusion, RD, does not gel with the popular vote even though we know that there is that other process that takes the voting away from the people. Since there is that other process, why not have the system do away with the entire individual, people-voting process and just go straight to that ridiculously much, much, much, much, much smaller group that come in as night riders - spoilers of the people's votes? -- to pick the victor? That other process makes no sense.

#9 Dec 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Real Distwalker

Hillary Clinton got fewer votes than Romney got in 2012 and Romney lost.  Combine that with the fact that there were 15 million more people in the US in 2016 than in 2012 and I think it makes a pretty compelling argument that Hillary Clinton was terrible.

But your point is well taken, she got more votes than Trump so, by that measure, Trump was worse.  As you know, that measure is irrelevant as to who wins.

#10 Dec 21, 2016 4:37 am

Vanni

... And so the diversion-smear-campaign against Russia by those who were desperate for power hasn't worked.

Hoping for a twofold effect = discredit the initial election results in favour of Trump, on behalf of those who are desperate to keep their age-old control of the "populace" worldwide ... AND hoping to bring closer an engineered, and apparently equally desperately wanted war against the "arch-enemy" Russia, at least as a starter, cause the rumour goes that more of wars are wanted. Just ANY war to start nuking a wee bit, increase the chaos while increasing the control tongue

Apparently, much failure in the recent endeavours to divert and to manipulate, failing to keep their hold.

duncegrin.jpg

As much with Brexit, as with the American elections, there is one essential thing in common, which brings relief to those who see the issue under this point of view:

the severing of the ties from those who were holding them generation after generation = liberation and new chances.

While via the mainstream media, the focus has been directed toward a fear campaign, toward focusing about the "increasing xenophobia" and all the ensuing ills - and no discussion, these are ills. Leaving everyone fearing for the worst, which intentionally manipulated them to unknowingly keep supporting their same old "owners" - whereas possibly the more vital result is simply this:

those who were / are believing, in a very perverse way, that it is their god-given right to own and to exploit to indecency humans and all Life on Earth - those have experienced two major failures, two major, possibly fatal severing of their grip. A vitally needed breach for us, and a vitally needed meeting with decency for them.

So are the times really at mourning and getting alarmed, at allowing people of the kind of George Soros to have those he treats as his puppets creating havoc, believing that he cares, that they are defending a just cause, but in fact who are defending their "masters" and their own imprisonment?

... or are times at being relieved that something of a possible major good for all humanity and Life on Earth appears to be happening ... at last? Are we humans really in the process of falling for hate and extremism, or are the haters and extremists those who are loudly - and to me suspiciously - accusing those who did not subject themselves to their sick will?

Beyond (dis)information:

could it be that something much more important and genuinely good is taking place?

smelltheflowers.jpg

Last edited by Vanni (Dec 21, 2016 7:48 am)

Board footer