You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#31 Oct 28, 2017 4:14 pm

Expat
Active

Re: A Ranger describes his day: October 25, 1983

Real Distwalker wrote:

You guys are making me think that picking up a hitchhiker in in Grenada, stopping at the Sugar Shack and drinking nine Caribs with him was an act of poor judgement. smile

Me and my hitchhiking pal.  (I am on the right.)

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/ … 31_IMG.jpg

9 each, or did you drink 4.5 each.

9 Certainly sounds like a lack of judgement. Maybe your young stomach was fighting fit. If I drink more than one of that crap I get vicious heartburn.

#32 Oct 28, 2017 4:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I didn't really drink nine.  That is just a figure of speech around here; a boastful comment by the young and the dumb.  I had one or two. 

Nine Coronas...

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Oct 28, 2017 4:41 pm)

#33 Oct 28, 2017 5:47 pm

houston
Active

Reminds me of a story told by a friend.
His wife was in Miami on business and had an early morning flight to catch back home. The pre booked taxi arrived at her hotel about 4am and they headed for the airport. Once on the highway she noticed the driver was hammered, he swerved all over the road and reeked of alcohol.
Being already late for her flight she made the driver pull over and get into the back seat, then took over the wheel and continued to the airport.
Arriving at departures, she pulled up, popped the trunk for her luggage and left the cabbie slumped in the back seat.
She did make her flight on time.

#34 Oct 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I didn't really drink nine.  That is just a figure of speech around here; a boastful comment by the young and the dumb.  I had one or two. 

Nine Coronas...

OK. Gotcha...

I may have related this tale before, but the journey over the hills can be a bit daunting in a bus, and the last time I did it going up the hills to Grande Etange I was only slightly drunk, having walked to town and stopped at every shop on the way to have a Clarkes Court and chaser. The chaser a long time after the shot, so I could watch the look of awe from the shopkeeper when I didn't collapse with a coughing fit.

Only to meet a Bajaan in Grande Etange who offered a drink, rather than begging one... so we downed a few before he set off for his ship.I have never had such a relaxed ride back down to town... I didn't have to jam my knees into the seat in front, to steady myself, I just sat, and arrived. I would guess unlike your 2, I probably had closer to a dozen shots... or maybe more...

I was younger, but not young.... Dumb... maybe... smile

#35 Oct 29, 2017 4:46 am

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Here I am, out at the west end of Point Salines in November of 1983.

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/ … /hooch.jpg

And then shortly  after that you began to spy on the island for the Americans and faking  having a pseudo--love affair with Grenada, eh? Tell the CIA to keep a keen eye on Russia because they have more spies in America than they think! Have them send you on a mission with a big tit, brown-eyed bleach blonde who chews gums and occasionally hit you with a swinging tit!

Last edited by Calypso (Oct 29, 2017 4:49 am)

Board footer