You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Oct 26, 2017 9:13 pm

Expat
Active

Re: What can we do with York House?

Neocell wrote:

it may surprise you to note that there are a Great many Grenadian's who don't own cars, the area has a LOT of foot traffic, and there is a Court House right there, so a cafe or other walk in kind of business could flurish

Most of the Grenadians that don't have cars are out in the sticks, and travel to town out of necessity.. Like going to Andalls, or paying bills.These people who may frequent KFC during the rush period, or are not going to be like day trippers going to a Stately Home for the day dropping off in the trendy Cafe for tea with scones and triple chocolate cookies, and tourists... off the boat at least will be intent on pacing up and down the road in time to get back to the ship avoiding beggars and spice vendors.

Just call me a grinch or a killjoy, I don't mind.

#12 Oct 27, 2017 7:30 am

Slice
Active

Well Expat, there are ah bunch ah European on that island, and I would think like you suggested ah High class tea house, with ah few Slot machines, could be they hang out.

I have never been to any Fancy restaurant in Grenada and see Grenadians dining.  I have met and seen ah bunch ah Trinis.  No Grenadians.  I ent fraid to say it, it is either Grenadians do not like eating out in these Fancy restaurant or they just do not have the money.

Expat not all Grenadians are like you.

Those KFC in Grenada are Grenadians worst nightmare.  They just doh know it, but it is killing them.

#13 Oct 27, 2017 7:34 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

So for years, there was a few investors that wanted to invest in some kinda business in Grenada.  They were seriously thinking about opening in nice supermarket in the Corinth, Calivagny area.  Now SOB is open in that area and when I was there, that modern supermarket was doing real good.  There goes that bright idea.

I think the main reason they did not go ahead with the Supermarket in that  area, was they found out, that one of the PADNAHS who had the most money to invest, was not ah straight shooter, and did not want to get caught up in any kind of madness.

I know there are 10 Grenadians abroad and even in Grenada, who can pull their recourse together and open some kinda America style business model in that area.

I do not like the location.

SOG rocks... they buy my produce... smile

I was very disappointed with their produce.  There was just ah half ah cabbage and ah few crazy looking Green bananas.  I hope that has changed.  It is ah sweet little joint.

#14 Oct 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

So for years, there was a few investors that wanted to invest in some kinda business in Grenada.  They were seriously thinking about opening in nice supermarket in the Corinth, Calivagny area.  Now SOB is open in that area and when I was there, that modern supermarket was doing real good.  There goes that bright idea.

I think the main reason they did not go ahead with the Supermarket in that  area, was they found out, that one of the PADNAHS who had the most money to invest, was not ah straight shooter, and did not want to get caught up in any kind of madness.

I know there are 10 Grenadians abroad and even in Grenada, who can pull their recourse together and open some kinda America style business model in that area.

I do not like the location.

SOG rocks... they buy my produce... smile

I was very disappointed with their produce.  There was just ah half ah cabbage and ah few crazy looking Green bananas.  I hope that has changed.  It is ah sweet little joint.

They are doing better, but they suffer from economies of scale, and as far as I can tell they don't have massive bcak room chillers to hold perishable fruits and veg like IGA, nor I suspect do they have their own farm like IGA. They are trying to do a lot with a small footprint shop. Some of their prices are well high... But Ft Juedy and Westerhall Heights people have money to burn..... ent it...:p

#15 Oct 29, 2017 8:58 am

Calypso
Active

The frame of the house remains but the inside is completely damaged. The house should be preserved for its historical value. The architects chosen have to be skilled and have knowledge of the style of those day. This is a vast project that could cast at least a hundred million.

Board footer