You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Dec 20, 2016 8:49 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Asylum seeker behind Berlin Christmas market attack?

12-420x236.jpg

That's what they are saying.

The man believed to have driven a truck into a crowded Christmas market in Berlin Monday evening had come to Germany as a refugee from Pakistan this past February, multiple German media outlets reported.

The attack killed at least 12 people and left 48 others injured. Officials in Germany and the United States have described the crash as an apparent terror attack, though no group has claimed responsibility.

If confirmed, the revelations are likely to heap more pressure onto German Chancellor Angela Merkel, whose decision to accept waves of migrants from Africa and the Middle East has stoked controversy and unsettled Germany and Europe.

Throwing open the front door to people who hate you and want to kill you is ill advised.  You wouldn't think you would need to tell people that.

#2 Dec 20, 2016 9:19 am

Slice
Active

Re: Asylum seeker behind Berlin Christmas market attack?

I  am very proud that I am very liberal on many issues, but this middle east immigration policy I must stray rom the Democratic party.  America is not as rich as most folks think.  America is ah struggle.  You will make it, if you work hard.  Ah keep wondering how many West Indians who migrated to the US, are in a very comfortable financial position?  I think it is about maybe 10%  Maybe 5% did not make, and are living in the dustbins.  The other 85% are barely hanging on.

Heard so many stories, about Trinis going home for carnival, and when they get back, they stuff is about to be thrown out and in some cases they lose their mortgage.

Here is my point, when these folks who do not care about life, get in ah little financial trouble, what you tink they are going to do?  yep we all know what they are going to do.  I do not want them around me.  I say stop welcoming these folks to Americans shores.  The English speaking Caribbean are not that violent, open Americans' doors to them.  make it very easy for the English speaking Caribbean to enter America and band everyone from the Middle east.

#3 Dec 20, 2016 10:36 am

afihtan

Slice wrote:

Here is my point, when these folks who do not care about life, get in ah little financial trouble, what you tink they are going to do?  yep we all know what they are going to do.  I do not want them around me.  I say stop welcoming these folks to Americans shores.  The English speaking Caribbean are not that violent, open Americans' doors to them.  make it very easy for the English speaking Caribbean to enter America and band everyone from the Middle east.

There are people whose intents are mainly good and some whose are mainly bad from ALL cultures, ALL countries etc. Painting with a broad brush is never right. Yes the traditions of some places cause you to want to exhibit greater care and scrutiny, but you cannot say just ban people because of where they are from. Do the due diligence background check if necessary.

#4 Dec 20, 2016 1:13 pm

Slice
Active

It is so damn hard to check behind these folks.  They ent value life.  Maybe  ah painted with the Broad Brush, but ah tink they deserve it. GOSH! I tolerate ah bunch, but ah just can't trust these folks from the Middle East.  Look at what happen to the Russian ambassador yesterday.  The shooter is ah COP.   That is total madness.

Board footer