You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Nov 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Expat
Active

Re: TO BRING UP SEXUAL HARASSMENT THAT HAPPENED 40 YEARS AGO IS REDICILOUS

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

It seems pretty unlikely that the WaPo could get four women who don't know each other to reveal their sexual past and 30 people to corroborate their stories if it was just fictional.  No, it almost certainly happened.

Do I think anyone should be convicted of a crime for something such as that occurring 40 years ago?  No. 

Nobody is talking about that.  They are talking about whether or not someone like that should be a United States Senator.

Me I would have the SOB castrated right up to the point they were parsing him through the crematorium.

If you guilty and it can be proved I absolutely believe regardless of how long ago absolutely no statute of limitation... No ifs buts or maybes you do the time, or take what ever punishment is applicable.

I am having difficulty in understanding Slices inability to consider the pain and mental torment of Pedophiles victims. He has a great buddy he cannot consider bad because he can sweet talk and now he's a sweet old man. I do not understand anyone accepting the corruption of a young child by an adult. A child may be precocious, and possibly even beguiling, but in 99% of the cases the child is experimenting, not understanding what happens next if the Adult is warped enough to it's ok to pop a young cherry.

I aint rolling out old sparky for kids where the male is a couple of years older, hormones, excitement, what ever... but a big old sweaty nasty stink man with a young girl. tie him up by the bollocks.

My arguement if there is one is the timing and the time. Roy Moore is ah real son of ah bitch and ah doh have any feeeling for him as ah human.  But I can ole talk.  I also can have the shop talking, right?

Having the shop talking is fine, I have been an agent provocatuer from time to time. Personally I see no sanctuary in time. You gas 6,000,000 jews you are going down 60 years later. You murder, rape, pillage when you were 20, as far as I am concerned... proven that it happened,,, 60 years on you are going down. Just because someone has grey hair and they have become a pastor, or have a lovely family that adore them.... THEY WERE SCUMBAGS, and have to pay if they get caught.

Aditionally I just find it hard to swallow your lack of repugnance to these Bstards especially when you happen to know them... as if being a chum is a pass. Would you give them a cuddle if it had been your daughter? Hell no.

#12 Nov 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Vanni
Active

Get ready for more of it! In all areas, and no exception, from politics to religion, including celebs, etc.: the dirty stuff has started squirting out. At last! Allowing us to scrutinise ourselves too, to better conceive of what is ethical, and to nurture more soul nobility. Aren't we worth it?

#13 Nov 11, 2017 11:58 am

Vanni
Active

However ... get also ready for opportunists.

#14 Nov 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Expat
Active

Vanni wrote:

However ... get also ready for opportunists.

I think you are refering to those that might make false claims?

Yes something to fear. While all support needs to be given to victims. We still have to remember not every claiment is without an ulterior motive.

I lived under a shadow for I don't know now, maybe 15 years.

As a very young chap I went for a brief outing with a very distant almost relative, who was about 3 years younger. Simply a few hundred yards away to a field overlooking the sea in the distance. Just youngsters getting out of the way of adults planning a wedding.

Some time later (weeks) I was asked if anything had happened.... No says I... rather confused.

A long time later it seems that maybe said girl was fantasising and was trying to seem grown up when her elder sister started asking questions... Don't know... but news drifted back to me that eventually.... years later she said she had fabricated the story.

In the mean time it became too awkward to make contact with them. Up to and including today.

Thank goodness she didn't say anything too bad, and that the authorities weren't called in, as that would be a hard stain to wash.

#15 Nov 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Vanni
Active

Yes, see? She messed up your friendship. And she does not know what she's lost.

I am indeed thinking of those who are exploiting the present situation, which is a welcome step for transparency and honesty in the recognition of crimes (which, though, tends to get a bit hysterical) in order for them to get maybe financial or other advantages, like putting one celeb into the shadow, so they take get his/her place.

I always have to remind myself that, whenever something really good is happening, and could mark a change for the better in our human community, we have to count with the odd suckers who, for a minority of them, mess up the whole community. And hence that we are living in a humanity where some individuals can sometimes regress to less-than-animal-worthy behaviour.

Hopefully the momentum is too important to be likely to get disturbed.

#16 Nov 12, 2017 3:01 pm

houston
Active

I get that for certain reasons why some victims don't report the offense at the time. I don’t get what they expect when they come forward decades later.
The system shouldn't be wasting time and money on cases that are impossible to proove. No DNA evidence, no electronic evidence, no physical trauma to be examined, no witness to be interviewed. Not a shred of evidence, just cloudy memories and word against word.
Of course the complaints have to be investigated. In the mean while the accused are tried in public media. Guilty or not, their name and career become mud.
To go to the police and say I was offended ten years ago and I'd like you to investigate is a bit ridiculous.

#17 Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Well, you would need evidence to convict him but that isn't possible even if such evidence was available.  The statute of limitations precludes it.  People can vote for someone for any reason.  They can vote against him because they don't like the color of his eyes.  They certainly don't need proof to vote against him.  All they need is their opinion on the credibility of the accusations.

#18 Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Vanni
Active

houston wrote:

I get that for certain reasons why some victims don't report the offense at the time. I don’t get what they expect when they come forward decades later.
The system shouldn't be wasting time and money on cases that are impossible to proove. No DNA evidence, no electronic evidence, no physical trauma to be examined, no witness to be interviewed. Not a shred of evidence, just cloudy memories and word against word.
Of course the complaints have to be investigated. In the mean while the accused are tried in public media. Guilty or not, their name and career become mud.
To go to the police and say I was offended ten years ago and I'd like you to investigate is a bit ridiculous.

If at the time it happened, as for some they got either ridiculed, or worse, leading some of them to commit suicide, we can understand why they stayed quiet when it happened. Little by little, awareness rose, slowly.

If, again, some closed an eye and spread their legs, thinking of their career and ambitions of celebrity, and accepted to get crawled over for a few seconds of chosen disgust: their claims are only making a farce of the real rapes that happened.

All in all, if now sincere people are feeling protected enough to speak, even about long gone events, I guess each voice is going to raise awareness, put some names in their right place by making them fall from their pedestal, and shed light about the vastness of the filthy enterprise. Which in its turn will support more people to vehemently defend themselves from such abysmal acts.

Just ... beware of opportunists: strong discernment required.

If I understand it right, in some cases, it's more than individual filth: it may even be related to a network of satanism.

Last edited by Vanni (Nov 13, 2017 3:56 pm)

#19 Nov 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

There is a new accuser of Roy Moore today...

DOia8tGVAAAXto3.jpg:large

#20 Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Expat
Active

Unless a lot of women just hate his politics, or want revenge for some other happening, with the number of secondary witnesses, and even a workmate even saying his interest in College Kids was weird, It seems like there is more than enough fire... And we all know "I did not have sex with that woman".

Last edited by Expat (Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm)

Board footer