You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Dec 20, 2016 8:05 pm

Expat

Bit by bit

I see you have changed from the original multi topic format.... that was probably the only feature worth it's salt.

Maybe when you finally recognise what a turgid format this is for chit chat you will finally put back the old format which despite all it's limitations was more user friendly.

I understand it may have been "old school", but it worked up until the change of ownership... with the exception of the small dialogue box.

When they say if it ain't broke doh fix it, they know what they are saying guys.

#2 Dec 20, 2016 8:26 pm

Slice

Re: Bit by bit

Expat wrote:

I see you have changed from the original multi topic format.... that was probably the only feature worth it's salt.

Maybe when you finally recognise what a turgid format this is for chit chat you will finally put back the old format which despite all it's limitations was more user friendly.

I understand it may have been "old school", but it worked up until the change of ownership... with the exception of the small dialogue box.

When they say if it ain't broke doh fix it, they know what they are saying guys.

But it was broke and ah tink the Webmaster tried to make it more user friendly.

#3 Dec 20, 2016 10:23 pm

Real Distwalker

Top story in the news tonight: Old man doesn't like change.  Film at eleven.

smile

#4 Dec 21, 2016 8:16 am

Slice

But you ent ole.  Man you look younger than me.

#5 Dec 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Expat

Keep on sucking up... I can take that all day every day... wink

After an in depth explanation as to why the old format cannot easily be resurrected my complaints fall away, but my inclination to only drop by on the odd occasion remain. A shame, but it is what it is.

#6 Dec 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Calypso

Real Distwalker wrote:

Top story in the news tonight: Old man doesn't like change.  Film at eleven.

smile

We like change if it is better than what we have had. It is not!

#7 Dec 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Real Distwalker

Calypso wrote:

We like change if it is better than what we have had. It is not!

Personally, I like this format better.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Dec 23, 2016 7:14 pm)

#8 Dec 26, 2016 9:46 pm

Aim

>>>>I see you have changed from the original multi topic format.... that was probably the only feature worth it's salt.
When they say if it ain't broke doh fix it, they know what they are saying guys.<<<<

Agreed Expat! I know how difficult it was to get this going again...but this new format is not the most user friendly. At the busiest time in my life, I really do have not time to go picking through posts and I for one like to see the names of the posters without having to click to see who posted what...even if I do not answer.  I like the old format and I have a feeling whether it can be tweaked or not it will stay like this. Guess I may not be posting too much!

Last edited by Aim (Dec 26, 2016 9:47 pm)

#9 Dec 26, 2016 11:26 pm

Real Distwalker

Aim wrote:

At the busiest time in my life, I really do have not time to go picking through posts and I for one like to see the names of the posters without having to click to see who posted what...even if I do not answer.

All you have to do is click the "Active" link up on the top right and it will give you a list of who commented recently.

Board footer