You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Nov 15, 2017 11:07 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: What will tomorrow morning bring in Zim?

I bet a lot of the Zim diaspora are dusting off their passports today.

#12 Nov 15, 2017 11:37 am

Slice
Active

Ah bet you right.  Ah hope, they succeed, with that coup.

#13 Nov 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Expat
Active

Better pack my grip and see if I can pick up one or ten cheap farms from his family and friends.

#14 Nov 15, 2017 6:15 pm

New Historian
Active

Hold your horses and passports fellas, you really think much is going to change? Emmerson Mnangagwa "The Crocodile" is no angel, he was the architect of the Gukhurahundi ("we are throwing out the trash") genocide in Matabeleland in the 1980s, the farm invasions, political thuggery and corruption - on a grand scale! However, he IS a pragmatist, and, god willing, he realizes that Zimbabwe must make some major concessions if it is to survive.

And where has been the "opposition" MDC in all of this? Not a peep. A totally useless bunch, led by a man who is seriously intellectually challenged. Shame.

#15 Nov 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Expat
Active

Poor Zim

#16 Nov 16, 2017 11:47 am

Dancer
Active

Expat wrote:

Better pack my grip and see if I can pick up one or ten cheap farms from his family and friends.

Were you not forced out before ? Want to kill off Robert and return ?

Better read up on the Land reform act of Ireland 1870-1929. ( don't quote me on the dates. ) See you - peasants-  had a shitty deal also.

Exploiter.

#17 Nov 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Expat
Active

There was a dash of irony in  whimsical remark.

Or to explain it more clearly for you. It was a tongue in cheek remark. I guess it was too subtle. Akin to black humour where something diabolical is said about something serious, where MOST people would understand it is not meant literally.

And then there are those that want to get out the nail filled cudgel or the large machete for feeling they or theirs have been impugned

The words lighten up spring to mind. And no I wasn't suggesting skin lightening chemical use.

#18 Nov 16, 2017 2:44 pm

New Historian
Active

"The words lighten up spring to mind. And no I wasn't suggesting skin lightening chemical use." Oh no he didn't go there? Black humour???

- runs screaming from the "room" -

#19 Nov 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"The words lighten up spring to mind. And no I wasn't suggesting skin lightening chemical use." Oh no he didn't go there? Black humour???

- runs screaming from the "room" -

Oh yes I did... LoL

I trust you did understand the Black humour was not "Black humour" but Black humour... a completely different thing. I suspect you did. Let me say it one more time for effect.. Black humour.... LoL.

Board footer