You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Nov 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Does anyone read chant a psalm a day? If so

The Hebrew and Greek words from which "fear" is translated don't mean terror or dread, they mean to respect or to revere.  In this context, the reverence of God and is viewed as a positive quality.  It is an attitude of respect and wonder, not fear and dread.

#12 Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Vanni
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

The Hebrew and Greek words from which "fear" is translated don't mean terror or dread, they mean to respect or to revere.  In this context, the reverence of God and is viewed as a positive quality.  It is an attitude of respect and wonder, not fear and dread.

Agreed, Distwalker, reverence for Life and all that is sacred is not just a positive, but an essential quality.

However, a message must be clear about its intention. And here, the word fear can be played with. Some intermediates don't hesitate to do so. We can witness it in most religions every day.

Regardless of the number of religions: there is one God or Presence or whatever we want to call It. And "It" definitely is the least to fear - in the sense of apprehension - about.

#13 Nov 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Expat
Active

Vanni wrote:

Expatexpatexpat! Look at what you've put yourself into!

As I was expecting an indirect response from Altar Boy, I exceptionally went to read.

And lo and behold!

Thou shalt fear God.

Or!

Or ... thy dangle shalt shrivel and dry and fall off
And thy voice shalt become irritatingly high-pitched
Thou shalt have a miserable life from now on.
Eternally!

https://s17.postimg.org/5rjmbwxe3/SPARADRAP_20171119.jpg

(g'luck Expat)

Don't worry Altar Boy, if you ever read me: God is Love. It does not just sound nice. It's a fact.
There are consequences to what we do, but the one we call God can only love.
Those who wrote that stuff about fearing god were surely not God Him/Her/Itself, but opportunistic self-serving ones who exploited humanity in its immature state. We are maturing and there is a time on its way when Truth will be shouting too loud to be ingored any further, and those who distorted so badly what is sacred, not just religion-wise but in all domains, will be recognised as such.
And: we do not need threats to live by the Highest, by our own inclination and choice.

Peace

Yep, you are on form, I am just about as confused about what you have wrtten as usual.

I wonder why Godites have to resort to "speaking in Tongues" when simple language is so much easier.

#14 Nov 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

I  do, you see Expat, they are my friends.  Here is the other thing, they were instrumental in getting the shop back together.  They even paid monies to the ole shop, to try and get the ole shop back and running.  They are one of the greatest supporters of the shop.

And your point was? The response doesn't seem to gell with the coversation.

#15 Nov 20, 2017 10:03 am

Slice
Active

Expat, you hidden, where is the God in you?  You are one curse soul, ah go have to send Grenada Biggest OBEAH leader to have a Shango dance, in you beautiful home.  you might even ketch power.  As much as doh believe in what the Shango believe in, the drums move me.  Before this art form is lost, ah really want to have it on Video.

#16 Nov 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Expat
Active

No God in me dude, no satan, no nothing... I is a child of the Universe, I is stardust. God is just fear of the unknown, a dummy to suck on.

Every generation up until now has tried to explain what is beyond its understanding by putting God or Gods in the equation. Every generation that passes finds more and more explanations for what it didn't understand previously. God is soon to be redundant.

If you want to call an elemental force God, then fine there is a God.But a sentient being with white whiskers and a flowing robe looking down with angels singing... errr no.

The universe is so enormous we have no chance of seeing the edges simply because light does not travel fast enough, But God is not sitting out there twirling his toes in a nebula, he aint anywhere to be seen... Maybe he is all that Black matter we can't put a finger on yet?  Yaye, God is Black... That'll teach em to paint all those White Jesus's.

#17 Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

But a sentient being with white whiskers and a flowing robe looking down with angels singing... errr no.

Yeah, I don't believe in that god either.  I don't know anybody who does.

#18 Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pm

New Historian
Active

Boy oh boy, Altar Boy never get such chat-back yet! And where is he in all this God-bothering to-and-fro? LOL

#19 Nov 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

But a sentient being with white whiskers and a flowing robe looking down with angels singing... errr no.

Yeah, I don't believe in that god either.  I don't know anybody who does.

What the white flowing robes bit, or the sentient being bit?

#20 Nov 21, 2017 9:49 am

Dancer
Active

Expat wrote:

No God in me dude, no satan, no nothing... I is a child of the Universe, I is stardust. God is just fear of the unknown, a dummy to suck on.

Every generation up until now has tried to explain what is beyond its understanding by putting God or Gods in the equation. Every generation that passes finds more and more explanations for what it didn't understand previously. God is soon to be redundant.

If you want to call an elemental force God, then fine there is a God.But a sentient being with white whiskers and a flowing robe looking down with angels singing... errr no.

The universe is so enormous we have no chance of seeing the edges simply because light does not travel fast enough, But God is not sitting out there twirling his toes in a nebula, he aint anywhere to be seen... Maybe he is all that Black matter we can't put a finger on yet?  Yaye, God is Black... That'll teach em to paint all those White Jesus's.

Out of the mouth of the " Child of the Universe (God) comes the truth  -- unknowingly. Praise the Lord !

>> Expat speaking of, about God...

MAYBE he is all that  ** BLACK MATTER**  we can't put our fingers on yet  ..... HELLO... Now You get it !!!!!

Understanding ..... GOD - IS - BLACK !!  Yeah Baby!  ... ENLIGHTENMENT.

So happy for Expat .... ' on his way to having a happy life '

'Praise the Power of the Black.'

Ahhhh.

Board footer