You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Calypso
Active

Dominique Strauss-Kahn's Victim Opened a Restaurant in the Bronx

https://ny.eater.com/2015/2/4/7976859/w … restaurant

I am so proud of Nafissatou Diallo, the Senegalese  then maid, who was victimized by that French beast, former IMF leader, Dominique Strauss-Kahn.  He settled the issue by giving her a measly 1.5 million dollars-- "chicken feet" as my grandmother would say. The lady took the lemon of a money and turned it into lemonade. She's doing well! She opened Chez Amina in the Bronx and is thriving without living in the past. People like her are so inspirational.  The beast has remarried and has fathered a bastard child!

Last edited by Calypso (Nov 19, 2017 4:47 pm)

#2 Nov 19, 2017 8:16 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn's Victim Opened a Restaurant in the Bronx

It's chicken feed, not feet, and in any case I wouldn't describe 1.5 million as chicken anything: 1.5 million is 1.5 million, thank you very much lol!

#3 Nov 20, 2017 7:21 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

It's chicken feed, not feet, and in any case I wouldn't describe 1.5 million as chicken anything: 1.5 million is 1.5 million, thank you very much lol!

Thanks for the correction. "Chicken feed."  1.5 million is no big money. but she is doing well for herself. Remember that she has to pay those lawyers so she didn't take home much! I like the fact that she rebuild her life without going back to the past!

#4 Nov 20, 2017 7:51 am

New Historian
Active

Yup, empowerment - by any means necessary!

#5 Nov 20, 2017 9:54 am

Dancer
Active

1.5 MILLION   dollars  =  "CHICKEN  feet " as  the grannie  used to say .  lol.   ... that is funny.... lo.

Speaking of Chicken feet ... I learned and tasted .. Pickled chicken feet only in the last 5 years.
"i would rather the pig's feet'

Rastas. lol.

#6 Nov 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

1.5 MILLION   dollars  =  "CHICKEN  feet " as  the grannie  used to say .  lol.   ... that is funny.... lo.

Speaking of Chicken feet ... I learned and tasted .. Pickled chicken feet only in the last 5 years.

Rastas. lol.

Eating chicken feet is a slave tradition. I love it ! My grandmother used to cook stewed and curried chicken feet and I gobbled it down with such hunger.

#7 Nov 20, 2017 11:55 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Thanks for the correction. "Chicken feed."  1.5 million is no big money. but she is doing well for herself. Remember that she has to pay those lawyers so she didn't take home much! I like the fact that she rebuild her life without going back to the past!

Yeah like NH said, plus I think you meant rebuilt.....  Ooops  Has spellchecker been reborn... LoL.

Me I wouldn't have corrected you as you did say "as my Grannie said"..... Oh and yes Grannie/Granny... Grannies is the plural. Granny the singular... Grannie... err incorrect. Take 100 lines.

I wouldn't have said a word, but you were so magnanimous to NH I though, why not.... smile

Me, I never make a mistake. So I am confident you will not be able to repay my little jibe.... LoL

#8 Nov 21, 2017 4:22 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Yeah like NH said, plus I think you meant rebuilt.....  Ooops  Has spellchecker been reborn... LoL.

Me I wouldn't have corrected you as you did say "as my Grannie said"..... Oh and yes Grannie/Granny... Grannies is the plural. Granny the singular... Grannie... err incorrect. Take 100 lines.

I wouldn't have said a word, but you were so magnanimous to NH I though, why not.... smile

Me, I never make a mistake. So I am confident you will not be able to repay my little jibe.... LoL

I really don't use spell-check you Oxford-educated Jerk!!

#9 Nov 21, 2017 9:51 am

Dancer
Active

Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:

Rastas. lol.

Eating chicken feet is a slave tradition. I love it ! My grandmother used to cook stewed and curried chicken feet and I gobbled it down with such hunger.

What a pig. lol.

Board footer