You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 21, 2017 3:42 pm

New Historian
Active

A Black Beast!!!

1999 Kawasaki ZRX 1100cc 4-cylinder with a lovely deep throaty growl!

The_Beast.jpg

#2 Nov 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Expat
Active

Re: A Black Beast!!!

We ARE very colour conscious today.... smile

I have ridden green bean, and blue streak. Both RD400's that a buddy of mine used to "improve" on stock.

If hazy memory serves, I think it was blue streak I borrowed in Trinidad. Popped a wheelie just crossing a junction without trying, only noticed the horizon was in the wrong place as I turned my head back to the direction I was going.

Another interesting moment with the bike was revving down the gears to make a turn off the main road, and the throttle cable ferrule jumped, and I was then sitting with my wedding tackle over a lump that was intent on self destructing with no ability to stop it other than letting the fuel run out.

http://www.saltmine.org.uk/kgb/bluestreak.html

I never named my girls until the last one which was called Marilyn, cos she was a hefty yank with big jugs.

Don't know that I would have survived long on a roadster, or cafe racer, hence I got a Harley.

#3 Nov 21, 2017 7:17 pm

New Historian
Active

Never rode an out-and-out Hog Chopper, but ridden my brother's Harleys: fat and slim (slim way better). Nah, cruisers just don't get my biker juices flowing. I ride fast street bikes, but I don't ride them fast, any more. Usually.

#4 Nov 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Dancer
Active

I have a 'kymco Cobra Cross scooter. 
Red.
Perfect for a small island.

Selling the Bike ? Day in , Day out.
No, no,

Still in great condition after a couple of years.
Suits me fine , great run-around.

Board footer