You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Nov 23, 2017 7:31 pm

houston
Active

Re: HAPPY TURKEY DAY AMERICANS.

Oh gosh, I give up....

#12 Nov 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Oh gosh, I give up....

Sorry, tried to help... but the code doesn't show even when its between > and <. but maybe if you open a second screen and make as to reply to a post that has worked with video you will see the code, and then be able to use it for yours. However I tried the URL that you used, and it didn't work for me either.

Last edited by Expat (Nov 23, 2017 8:00 pm)

#13 Nov 24, 2017 7:15 pm

houston
Active

Thanks for trying Expat. I sent it to myself as a test before posting and it viewed fine. It was just a silly Mr. Bean clip from years ago that made me laugh. I have never worn a watch when stuffing a turkey ever since watching the episode.  You can check out the 4 minute clip by searching Mr. Bean turkey....that is one big turkey, about a 40 pounder, must be an English turkey.

#14 Nov 24, 2017 7:43 pm

houston
Active

BTW, I absolutely love turkey. There is a turkey farm near by that I frequent often. Ground turkey for chili or burgers, sausage for any meal and boneless thighs turn out perfect on the BBQ.
Turkey is full of flavour and nice and moist if cooked properly. Boneless roasts can be hassle free and beautifully done in about two hours. The only problem with a boneless roast is they can't be stuffed...stuffing cooked on the side just doesn't cut it.

#15 Nov 24, 2017 7:44 pm

houston
Active

BTW, I absolutely love turkey. There is a turkey farm near by that I frequent often. Ground turkey for chili or burgers, sausage for any meal and boneless thighs turn out perfect on the BBQ.
Turkey is full of flavour and nice and moist if cooked properly. Boneless roasts can be hassle free and beautifully done in about two hours. The only problem with a boneless roast is they can't be stuffed...stuffing cooked on the side just doesn't cut it.

#16 Nov 24, 2017 10:22 pm

Expat
Active

#17 Nov 24, 2017 10:30 pm

Expat
Active

Turkey is "OK", except when I try and cook it. Cooking is not something I do normally anyway. Microwave rules.

I thought..... start small.... so I bought a single leg. Not sure if it was a right or left leg. I put it in to roast... for what I thought should be a reasonable time... tough as old boots... again for an extra half hour... just as tough... and again.... inedible.... BIN.

#18 Nov 26, 2017 7:41 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Turkey sure doesn't have to be dry and tasteless.  Dang, I want to invite you guys to Iowa to have turkey at my house.  I bet I'd change your minds.  Hickory smoked.  Deep fried and seasoning injected. Even baked in an oven bag.  If you had it, you'd like it.  It sure is neither dry or tasteless.

I am in. just say when.

#19 Nov 26, 2017 7:43 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

I don't like turkey: too big, too dry, too tasteless!

I agree.  I might eat the wings.  Because of my hatred for that bird we alternate, between turkey and ah Big chicken.

#20 Nov 26, 2017 9:27 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

just as tough... and again.... inedible.... BIN.

Turkey legs are tough and full of tendons.  They have to be prepared a certain way to be really good.  You know, like pork ribs or beef brisket.  I put them on hickory smoke at about 200 degrees for two hours and then in an oven bag at 200 for another two or three hours.  Then they are fall-off-the-bone tender.

Board footer