You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 30, 2017 9:50 am

Dancer
Active

What's For Breakfast ........ McDonald's ?

What's for breakfast ?

I woke up , 6-6.30 thinking McDonalds . Outside dark  ,
still dark . 7am. Lord !
The sun will show up at 7.30 am

I felt McDonald-ish  . So I decided to face the dark .  Bacon and egg sandwich and a coffee , 2 creams.
Coming Maymay ?  'No' .... but bring me back some fishcakes .
'Fishcakes , Maymay ? ' Go back to sleep , next you would want  bakes. .... sad.

Now , Breakfast in the islands  , goes something like this ...

Ackee and saltfish with green bananas
Fishcakes and bread
In the old days  ( thinking of person with many names ) stew potatoes and some tea ,  or cornmeal porridge   . 'pap'

Because of its stick to the ribs quality , morning porridge is considered a body builder and  'keeps you  full' until lunch .
If I remember clearly  , your porridge could be , oats , sago , tapioca topped off with sprinkle cinnamon or bay leaves.

Eat good people ,   have  McDonald's  ,  only once ,  in a while.

#2 Nov 30, 2017 9:52 am

New Historian
Active

Re: What's For Breakfast ........ McDonald's ?

Or better yet, only once. Do your heart a favour.

#3 Nov 30, 2017 11:03 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Dancer wrote:

What's for breakfast ?

still dark . 7am. Lord !

I felt McDonald-ish  . So I decided to face the dark .  Bacon and egg sandwich and a coffee , 2 creams.
'Fishcakes , Maymay ? ' Go back to sleep , next you would want  bakes. .... sad.

Fishcakes and bread
In the old days  ( thinking of person with many names ) stew potatoes and some tea ,  or cornmeal porridge   . 'pap'

Because of its stick to the ribs quality , morning porridge is considered a body builder and  'keeps you  full' until lunch .
If I remember clearly  , your porridge could be , oats , sago , tapioca topped off with sprinkle cinnamon or bay leaves.

Dancer wrote:

What's for breakfast ?

still dark . 7am. Lord !

Fishcakes and bread

You in foreign who the heck west Indians have stew potatoes for breakfast this is a lie This is not a west Indian breakfast get your facts right. The only language some non west Indians understand for breakfast is the word cereals , toast etc. If they listening and you say today is saltfish  and fry bakes will this register on their minds to tell their so called friends? These words, oh imagine a Caucasian saying I overhead dancer will be having this morning fry fish and fry bakes or fry plantin and saltfish, but if that day you decided to have something light and you say cereal and milk the news will spread that language is universal hmmmm.

Stew potatoes I never heard of such . You maybe put some potatoes to cook in a stew with meat. Dancer I fed up of your nonsense . Person's of many names maybe take you man eh.  If they did you will respect them .  People may only hear their own language or lie about their own language to others.  Where food or breakfast is concerned I am telling you a variety goes on in a Grenadian household. From Cereals to porridge to saltfish well do up. Fry plantain, home made bread.
Yes porridge  and cereals when they feel like it only. I am talking about we Grenadians and our varieties. Yes we can have Mc Donald if we feel like to harsh brown and waffles etc.
Don't forget pancakes with syrup. Don't fraid for a Grenadian anywhere. Whether cocoa tea or herbal inside behind closed doors a variety goes on when comes to eating . Put that in your pipe and smoke it. And stop your stupidness and gossip. Gossip is seldom true.   
They buy new things when they have money its their right . Only snap, snap , because of gossips gossips.

#4 Nov 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Slice
Active

Mary, she is  Jamdown.

#5 Nov 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Dancer what I does have for breakfast is different fruits and herbal tea tell your friends who is to say how breakfast should be stuppes

#6 Nov 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Slice wrote:

Mary, she is  Jamdown.

I guess as much sounds more like Jamet to me about ackee and salfish for breakfast sounds like she feeding high cholesterol to me. I used to eat bacon bread eggs I stop that sheat for a healthier lifestyle maybe on weekends I does eat more different breakfast nowadays .

#7 Nov 30, 2017 5:05 pm

New Historian
Active

The best breakfast in the WORLD, never mind the Caribbean, is Jamaican! Ackee an' saltfish, boiled banana, yam, cook-up callalloo, johnny-cakes, mackerel run-down, dumplins ... man, it doesn't get better than that!!! There's a small, locally owned place on Negril, simple wooden cottages right on the beach called Country Country, where they do the BEST breakfasts. If you want to see Negril, stay far from the big all-inclusives, Country Country is the way to go.

#8 Nov 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

The best breakfast in the WORLD, never mind the Caribbean, is Jamaican! Ackee an' saltfish, boiled banana, yam, cook-up callalloo, johnny-cakes, mackerel run-down, dumplins ... man, it doesn't get better than that!!! There's a small, locally owned place on Negril, simple wooden cottages right on the beach called Country Country, where they do the BEST breakfasts. If you want to see Negril, stay far from the big all-inclusives, Country Country is the way to go.

You lie!!

What you need is a cholesterol overload.  A full English!!

Fried or scrambled eggs Fried sausages, Rashers of smoked Bacon slightly burnt, Plumb Tomatoes, Baked Beans, Black Pudding, and a couple of slices to soak up the juice. A big mug of teaspoon stand up builders tea, and you are all set.... for a heart attack, but it was fun getting it.

#9 Nov 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Two eggs sunny side up, hominy grits, slice of country ham, buttered wheat toast and coffee.   OMG!

#10 Nov 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

What you need is a cholesterol overload.  A full English!!

I don't think we believe that cholesterol you eat contributes to cholesterol on your blood.  I think the current thinking is that carbohydrates do.  Therefore, a breakfast of pancakes and syrup, a cinnamon roll and orange juice might be the real heart attack on a plate.

Board footer