You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Nov 30, 2017 7:39 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: What's For Breakfast ........ McDonald's ?

"Fried or scrambled eggs Fried sausages, Rashers of smoked Bacon slightly burnt, Plumb Tomatoes, Baked Beans, Black Pudding, and a couple of slices to soak up the juice. A big mug of teaspoon stand up builders tea, and you are all set.... for a heart attack, but it was fun getting it."

Serious;y, NOTHING will get me sicker, quicker, than just what ypu've described - ugh! When I go visit our northern cousins and get fed a diet of morning full Englishes, my stomach is NOT happy!!

#12 Nov 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

What you need is a cholesterol overload.  A full English!!

I don't think we believe that cholesterol you eat contributes to cholesterol on your blood.  I think the current thinking is that carbohydrates do.  Therefore, a breakfast of pancakes and syrup, a cinnamon roll and orange juice might be the real heart attack on a plate.

You might not believe it but there are a lot that do.

Your pancakes and syrup is just a set you upper. The full english will fill your legs down to your boots, and keep you going until 11's.

Just gave me a flash back to when I was building buses... for New York, Baghdad, London, and other places.

At one point I used to have a light breakfast at home, then at break (10am) a couple of cheese rolls, and a hot steak and kidney pie, then a full dinner with pudding at lunch time from the company canteen, and a drink in the company bar, then a couple of sweet cakes at tea time, and then when I got home a decent dinner.... and yet I was skinny. 10 1/2 stone in my jockeys.

That said, in a repetitive weight lifting competition we had among ourselves I came second only to a guy built like a brick shithouse. You don't have to be big to be strong.

Last edited by Expat (Nov 30, 2017 7:59 pm)

#13 Nov 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Vanni
Active

uhm ... am I out of place with my fruits at breakfast? And then something oaty or other ... <3

#14 Nov 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Expat
Active

I think you KNowwwww the answer to that one.

Let it be said currently it is weetabix or Bran and raisins, so we can all see the light with some things... smile

#15 Nov 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"Fried or scrambled eggs Fried sausages, Rashers of smoked Bacon slightly burnt, Plumb Tomatoes, Baked Beans, Black Pudding, and a couple of slices to soak up the juice. A big mug of teaspoon stand up builders tea, and you are all set.... for a heart attack, but it was fun getting it."

Serious;y, NOTHING will get me sicker, quicker, than just what ypu've described - ugh! When I go visit our northern cousins and get fed a diet of morning full Englishes, my stomach is NOT happy!!

At least someone in your family knows good solid food.  smile

You Southern Jessie...LoL

#16 Nov 30, 2017 8:10 pm

houston
Active

Breakfast of champions...
Poached eggs with a hint of malt vinegar.
Baked brown beans with a taste of maple.
Plenty of fruit and a strong dark roast coffee.
Good to go.

#17 Nov 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Truth be told, my breakfast each day is coffee with cream and nothing more.  I do like eggs, grits, ham and toast for lunch or supper, however.

Ham-Steak-farm-Fresh-Eggs-Grits.jpg

#18 Nov 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Expat
Active

Your grits, which always sounded grim to me, is something like porridge isn't it?

#19 Nov 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Corn porridge, I suppose.  People who don't like them tend to add milk and sugar and find them satisfactory.  I prefer them with a pat of butter and salt and pepper.  If you have had something like cream of wheat, you have had a near approximation.

#20 Nov 30, 2017 9:11 pm

New Historian
Active

I do like a bit a grits

Board footer