You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#21 Nov 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: What's For Breakfast ........ McDonald's ?

Nothing wrong with grits.  They balance out the flavor pallet in the breakfast imaged above.  A balanced plate is a fine thing.   I mean, have you ever in your life regretted ordering tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich?  Hell no.

#22 Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am

Dancer
Active

Mary Seacole/deportees wrote:

Dancer what I does have for breakfast is different fruits and herbal tea tell your friends who is to say how breakfast should be stuppes

Well  Mary Seacole/deportees .  Good for you , trying to eat well ,fruits and herbal tea . 
" i hope you cut out the Oil-down too."

OK  ..... maybe I went a touch overboard about the stew- potato breakfast  . But this village shoe maker  , gardener , pigs  and sheep  man  , tall tales,   local , would eat stew potato and drink Liptons tea in the morning . The boys used to call him Weed.
(because of his gardening skills)

#23 Dec 01, 2017 10:38 am

New Historian
Active

The other day I spent a week in Bangkok, although I love Thai food by the 3rd day I'd kinda had enough of it 24/7. You know what a Thai breakfast is? A small Thai dinner. Who wants to eat curry first thing in the morning lol?

#24 Dec 01, 2017 11:37 am

Real Distwalker
Active

When I was working on Guam 10-12 years ago I would eat Asian food for weeks.  Chamorro, Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Chinese... all authentic.  I loved it.  At some point, however, I needed to have a steak-and-potato type meal.  Fried chicken, pork roast... whatever.  Something from home.  We all have to come home.

#25 Dec 01, 2017 11:39 am

Real Distwalker
Active

By the way, a Japanese breakfast has stuff like soup and lettuce salad.  Now there is nothing wrong with soup and lettuce salad but they don't seem like breakfast foods!

#26 Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Corn porridge, I suppose.  People who don't like them tend to add milk and sugar and find them satisfactory.  I prefer them with a pat of butter and salt and pepper.  If you have had something like cream of wheat, you have had a near approximation.

Sounds a bit like cou cou

Confirmation please Grenadians.

Board footer