You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Dec 03, 2017 2:10 pm

New Historian
Active

Mad Miss Duffy

Then there was our history teacher, Miss Duffy: a highly-strung spinster and certified lunatic. One day in second form, class clown and general hard-nut John “Polly” Parrot was giving Miss Duffy his usual lip. She decided to give him the strap. He held out his hands, she flailed away; which was no more than a gnat on an elephant. Feeble Miss Duffy hadn’t the strength to seriously hurt the strap-happy Polly Parrot who just stood there, sneering. This enraged Miss Duffy, who decided to give him six more.

Whoa, this was going into uncharted territory; the most straps we had ever gotten was “six of the best”. Parrot refused. Miss Duffy flew into a rage.

“Put-your-hand-out …. NOW!!”

Nope, again Parrot refused. Miss Duffy drew back the strap and WHACK! She slapped him across the face, sending him reeling backwards over the desk. She climbed over the table to get at him, flailing away and screaming at the top of her lungs.

“Bundle!!” Someone shouted the universal fight signal, and the whole classroom gathered round, watching Miss Duffy go mad and Polly screaming:

“Get this f*cking mad woman off me, help!!”

Teachers from nearby classrooms came rushing in, closely followed by their students; everybody craning to see what was going on. Eventually, the teachers managed to subdue mad Miss Duffy, panting and screaming, foaming at the mouth. The ambulance took her away. She did six months in Shenley Mental Hospital in Middlesex, and came back the next term - cured.

Yeah right.

#2 Dec 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Mad Miss Duffy

I think you are repeating ourself sir.

#3 Dec 03, 2017 8:15 pm

New Historian
Active

Thank you!

#4 Dec 04, 2017 5:38 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Then there was our history teacher, Miss Duffy: a highly-strung spinster and certified lunatic. One day in second form, class clown and general hard-nut John “Polly” Parrot was giving Miss Duffy his usual lip. She decided to give him the strap. He held out his hands, she flailed away; which was no more than a gnat on an elephant. Feeble Miss Duffy hadn’t the strength to seriously hurt the strap-happy Polly Parrot who just stood there, sneering. This enraged Miss Duffy, who decided to give him six more.

Whoa, this was going into uncharted territory; the most straps we had ever gotten was “six of the best”. Parrot refused. Miss Duffy flew into a rage.

“Put-your-hand-out …. NOW!!”

Nope, again Parrot refused. Miss Duffy drew back the strap and WHACK! She slapped him across the face, sending him reeling backwards over the desk. She climbed over the table to get at him, flailing away and screaming at the top of her lungs.

“Bundle!!” Someone shouted the universal fight signal, and the whole classroom gathered round, watching Miss Duffy go mad and Polly screaming:

“Get this f*cking mad woman off me, help!!”

Teachers from nearby classrooms came rushing in, closely followed by their students; everybody craning to see what was going on. Eventually, the teachers managed to subdue mad Miss Duffy, panting and screaming, foaming at the mouth. The ambulance took her away. She did six months in Shenley Mental Hospital in Middlesex, and came back the next term - cured.

Yeah right.

Well, I've never heard this one before. I don't believe teachers should spank children. If the students are from good homes they don't need to be spank. The white middle- class is very obedient. Very few problems indeed. The black Caribbean middle-class is very mild tempered as well. I have taught some students in the inner- cities. Very horrible! The males are the worst! It begins from the home. Teenagers should not be touched with a whip. Suspensions are better for them. You can't hit someone on the cusp of adulthood. It's insane like Miss  Dufffy herself!

#5 Dec 04, 2017 7:50 am

Slice
Active

Not sure about not hitting  teenagers, once you live under my roof, I will cuff you down.  My son knows better and he will mellow, once I get involved.  He also knows if he call the police for me, he is leaving with them.

#6 Dec 04, 2017 8:08 am

New Historian
Active

"Not sure about not hitting  teenagers, once you live under my roof, I will cuff you down. "

Isn't that saying two opposite things? Which is it?

#7 Dec 04, 2017 8:13 am

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"Not sure about not hitting  teenagers, once you live under my roof, I will cuff you down. "

Isn't that saying two opposite things? Which is it?

Nope, I get it... it wasn't a double negative. He is stating martial law exists in his house.

Board footer