You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Dec 07, 2017 7:46 am

New Historian
Active

Talking about corruption...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42260087

We in the Caribbean are amateurs at corruption, these white boys are pros!

#2 Dec 07, 2017 8:02 am

Slice
Active

Re: Talking about corruption...

I totally disagree, here is why, there are things in place  for these folks to go to jail, when and if they are caught.  There are no such triggers in the Caribbean.  Just imagine, I am hearing the previous Trini government stole all the monies from the Trini treasure.  Ah mean ah year after the government is no longer in power, the folks from Trinidad are still suffering.  Here is the interesting thing, not one of these bastards will spend one day in jail.

How the hell ah Prime minister spend 12 years in government and he has more than 40 million in his bank account?  This bastard is ah Math major, way the hell he get that kinda money from?  I hate corruption.  The US government can afford some kinda corruption. Grenada, and most Caribbean islands can't afford that.  Do you understand what 40 million dollars can do for the folks of Grenada?

Is there ah difference between greed and corruption? If there is, then Trump, Manafort and Flynn are posters children for Greed.

One more  disagreement, it is not ah white or black thing, in these United states  There are about 8 black folks  in government in my area who went to jail for Greed or corruption.

Last edited by Slice (Dec 07, 2017 8:06 am)

#3 Dec 07, 2017 8:26 am

GMW
Active

>>One more  disagreement, it is not ah white or black thing, in these United states  There are about 8 black folks  in government in my area who went to jail for Greed or corruption<<

Oh please brother Slice. That doh mean diddly. U will always find greedy, politicized aiders and abetters who believe some of the crumbs will tricked to their pockets.

I would even argue that the U.S. has become more institutionally corrupt. Look how these senate Wasps allowed Trump Jr to falsely claim attorney client privilege yesterday so he won't have to answer anything.

My take: as corrupt and unpopular this Trump administration is, it is highly likely he or any of his men would face any consequence. The fact is the group really wilds the power in the Country are white males And they overwhelmingly voted for Trump and continue to support him in the belief that his policies benefits them. As long as that stands they will do everything to protect his rule.

"Rule of Law" and even "Founding Fathers" have became nice phrases misused to condone and enable racism, greed and corruption.

#4 Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

I totally disagree, here is why, there are things in place  for these folks to go to jail, when and if they are caught.  There are no such triggers in the Caribbean.  Just imagine, I am hearing the previous Trini government stole all the monies from the Trini treasure.  Ah mean ah year after the government is no longer in power, the folks from Trinidad are still suffering.  Here is the interesting thing, not one of these bastards will spend one day in jail.

How the hell ah Prime minister spend 12 years in government and he has more than 40 million in his bank account?  This bastard is ah Math major, way the hell he get that kinda money from?  I hate corruption.  The US government can afford some kinda corruption. Grenada, and most Caribbean islands can't afford that.  Do you understand what 40 million dollars can do for the folks of Grenada?

Is there ah difference between greed and corruption? If there is, then Trump, Manafort and Flynn are posters children for Greed.

One more  disagreement, it is not ah white or black thing, in these United states  There are about 8 black folks  in government in my area who went to jail for Greed or corruption.

"How the hell ah Prime minister spend 12 years in government and he has more than 40 million in his bank account? " You're talking politics, not facts. I'm not getting into petty party politics.

"it is not ah white or black thing" Nor was I making it one, my "those white boys" was meant as a generic, not racial term lol, say "those rich boys" then.

#5 Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am

Slice
Active

GMW wrote:

>>One more  disagreement, it is not ah white or black thing, in these United states  There are about 8 black folks  in government in my area who went to jail for Greed or corruption<<

Oh please brother Slice. That doh mean diddly. U will always find greedy, politicized aiders and abetters who believe some of the crumbs will tricked to their pockets.

I would even argue that the U.S. has become more institutionally corrupt. Look how these senate Wasps allowed Trump Jr to falsely claim attorney client privilege yesterday so he won't have to answer anything.

My take: as corrupt and unpopular this Trump administration is, it is highly likely he or any of his men would face any consequence. The fact is the group really wilds the power in the Country are white males And they overwhelmingly voted for Trump and continue to support him in the belief that his policies benefits them. As long as that stands they will do everything to protect his rule.

"Rule of Law" and even "Founding Fathers" have became nice phrases misused to condone and enable racism, greed and corruption.

Well lord ah just doh know how to comment of these Trump folks.  it is something I have never heard about.  They say Flynn was on the most brilliant folks in his field, but still he got greedy, even before he align himself with Trump.

I do believe that Trump will go to jail for Washing monies.

#6 Dec 07, 2017 10:58 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:
Slice wrote:

"How the hell ah Prime minister spend 12 years in government and he has more than 40 million in his bank account? " You're talking politics, not facts. I'm not getting into petty party politics.

"it is not ah white or black thing" Nor was I making it one, my "those white boys" was meant as a generic, not racial term lol, say "those rich boys" then.

Lord ah does fell so damn bad for some of these black elected officials in my area.  Every FRIGGING day you turn another lected Black official is caught up  in some kinda scandal.  Kinda crazy, just last night, me and me wife was talking about the scandals, that plague our black elected officials in we area.

#7 Dec 07, 2017 2:25 pm

GMW
Active

>>I do believe that Trump will go to jail for Washing monies.<<

When? After his 3rd term as President? As of now the white male, yes, dominated institutions in this Country won't let that happen. He is their guy. He shall further restore their wealth, dominance and power.  The white "christian" leadership in this Country won't let it happen. Just ask Billy Graham Jr. He has as much clout over "his" people as the republican gang in Washington that is Sheltering this con man. 

For those who believe in sign of the times, now is the most appropriate time to acknowledge it.

Slice, plain talk, even on this forum there are ominous signs of subjugation. Obama, his wife and even his little girls at the time received more fierce, derogatory hateful criticism than this deserving con-man and his clan.

Much can be deemed about a person by what is said but sometimes even more can be learned by what is not said.

#8 Dec 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Slice
Active

40%  of America is racist, but you must give the other 60% some credit.  I ent giving up the hopes, that there are laws in place to take care of Trump.  Mark my words, The Donald will be impeached and as ah result, might go to jail.  The washing of monies, will land him in jail.  That is what scared Trump the most.  The other chargers are small potatoes, as compared with Washing money.

Board footer