You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 08, 2017 1:25 pm

New Historian
Active

Can't we just say "gay"???

Now it's expanded to LBGTQI: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex.

For forks sake I can't keep up! What's the difference between gay and queer? What is intersex? I am NOT homophobic but this modern penchant for every single category of human being to demand their own "space and place" is getting boring.

#2 Dec 08, 2017 2:20 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Can't we just say "gay"???

john-leavitt-leavittalone-i-did-it-i-made-an-lgbt-15942042.png

#3 Dec 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Jokes aside, I agree.  Better yet, let's just call them 'people' and stop defining people by the genitals they find most fetching.

#4 Dec 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Slice
Active

I am not homophobic either, but at my work they call me HR nightmare.  I call them any name ah feel to call them.  Once ah call them, how ah use to call them the HR director, say ah staying to hell away from you.  For me is mouth open and what comes out comes out.  Sheeet ah getting ready to retire, they can't do ah ting with me.

Even before ah was retiring that is how ah was with their names, but they kinda know me, so they know I ent homophobic.

#5 Dec 08, 2017 2:44 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Jokes aside, I agree.  Better yet, let's just call them 'people' and stop defining people by the genitals they find most fetching.

Egg Zackly

#6 Dec 09, 2017 11:54 am

Expat
Active

You HAVE to define them, or they ,as religious groups ostracise "them" and both to challenge the ostracisation and to enact the ostrecisation, you have to define the group/person. Likewise with legal issues of Civil partnerships/weddings, even toilet use.

When they were all loitering in the closet they did not need to be called anything, but now they are in the bright light of day and there are issues to be resolved "person, or human being" is inadequate.

I aint got the slightest interest in joining the fraternity, even with  those that have "become" female, it just aint my cup of tea, but I am sympathetic to their problems. I just wish like some other causes they don't have to be right in your face to get their point across.

Before 1940 if you were gay your were simply happy, now if you are gay you are by default as miserable as fk.

Board footer