You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 20, 2017 6:37 pm

gripe
Active

China placing its development stamp on Grenada!

#2 Dec 20, 2017 7:34 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: China placing its development stamp on Grenada!

This is NOT what my Grenada needs: massive, overbuilt projects that have more to do with creating business for Chinese firms than helping the Grenadian economy, in ways that are synonymous with our national character. A RAILWAY, surrounding the island? What kind of foolishness is this?

May I remind you of that tourist monstrosity they wanted to build in Mt. Hartmann, our precious nature reserve? NO!!!

Tourist_dystopia.jpg

#3 Dec 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

That's not what I go to Grenada for. Screw that.  I like the understated elegance of the Calabash.

#4 Dec 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Expat
Active

I had enough fights on here with someone who wanted to close off Grand Anse to locals, and build bloody great themed hotels.

Ent they say the last train to Sande Grande leff already?

Whey de arse they going to run that track. Different parishes deemed to serve different functions. I guess they will use Mt Ritch's for the wind farm, there is obviously a lot of air in that parish...... smile

They will kill the Island, and still leave many locals unemployed, or disenfranchised.

You don't have to go from too little to late to too much late or early. And all to be kept secret until it's too late...

#5 Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am

New Historian
Active

But the Chinese won't care about the economic losses they leave behind them, their loans are government guaranteed! There is NO WAY a coastal rail project in Grenada could be viable: NO WAY. And these politicians slobber at the mouth....

#6 Dec 21, 2017 3:30 am

gripe
Active

Elections are on the horizon. Change is needed.

#7 Dec 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Expat
Active

The problem is they are the same idiots just wearing different colour shirts.

#8 Dec 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Expat
Active

gripe wrote:

Elections are on the horizon. Change is needed.

Expat ha he election registration, so be nice to him eh.... smile

#9 Dec 21, 2017 10:33 pm

houston
Active

Growth, development and change are everywhere and the mighty dollar rules. The people that actually live in Grenada and experience every day life there should be the voice that decides the future of their yard.

#10 Dec 22, 2017 1:21 am

Calypso
Active

houston wrote:

Growth, development and change are everywhere and the mighty dollar rules. The people that actually live in Grenada and experience every day life there should be the voice that decides the future of their yard.

Ignorant views. This is good but its success will be determined by how the astuteness of The Grenadian government. What bylines are going to be insttituted to put money not only into the pocket of the Chinese, who can be unscrupulous in business practices, but in hands of the Grenadian government as well. Jamaica has been in situations like this all the time but they end up losing.

Board footer