You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Slice
Active

LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

This can't be real.  It is going to cost me 64% of the cost to send ah vehicle to Grenada, and if the vehicle is over 5 years ole it is 159%.  How on earth is that possible.  Did the care dealers in Grenada, write that for the goverment?

Offline

#2 Dec 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Expat
Active

Re: LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

Slice wrote:

This can't be real.  It is going to cost me 64% of the cost to send ah vehicle to Grenada, and if the vehicle is over 5 years ole it is 159%.  How on earth is that possible.  Did the care dealers in Grenada, write that for the goverment?

Are you not getting returnee concessions?

Why would you want to drive a vehicle with the steering wheel on the wrong side?

We couldn't be bothered to take over a vehicle that parts might be hard to get, so I bought local, but at the returnee concession rate. One vehicle only. I had to pay full rate on the Harley, as the second vehicle.

Just as you should be able to get reduced rate import of household effects when you ship in your container.

Last edited by Expat (Dec 24, 2017 10:15 pm)

Offline

#3 Dec 25, 2017 10:33 am

Slice
Active

Re: LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

Unless they quoting me wrong.  One woman in the customs tell me it is going to be 159% to bawl like ah cow. Hoping to speak to ah manager sometime next week,so I can get correct pricing.  Ah kinda like driving on me right.  At this late stage ah still up in the air.  If it is cheaper to buy in Grenada, then  ah buying in Grenada.  problem is nothing to compare.  No prices on the net.

Offline

#4 Dec 26, 2017 11:01 am

piratejenny
Active

Re: LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

Slice, remember CPD? - seems he is lost to TS - too many personal digs at members of his family -anyway he knows the Grenada car business. Try to get his email address and contact him. I sorely miss his posts.

Offline

#5 Dec 26, 2017 6:52 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

Slice, you should get the returning resident concessions, not just on a car but everything you send to Grenada. It used to be 100% duty-free but now I think it's only 50%. Don't take a car from the States, the parts and models are all wrong. I strongly endorse a Japanese company called Autorec (funny name for a car company lol!). Japanese second-hand cars are great, people only drive on the weekends and they all have low mileage and are excellently reconditioned. Over the years I've bought about 10 cars from them, in Grenada and Africa, and they ALL come in beautiful condition. You tell them the port and they deliver it for you, with just one payment, you don't have to deal with shipping companies etc.

http://www.autorec.co.jp/

Offline

#6 Dec 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Expat
Active

Re: LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

Slice wrote:

Unless they quoting me wrong.  One woman in the customs tell me it is going to be 159% to bawl like ah cow. Hoping to speak to ah manager sometime next week,so I can get correct pricing.  Ah kinda like driving on me right.  At this late stage ah still up in the air.  If it is cheaper to buy in Grenada, then  ah buying in Grenada.  problem is nothing to compare.  No prices on the net.

So you want to be one of those chumps who has to stick their front end out too far to see the road ahead of the vehicle in front? Remember lots have vehicles have dark screen tinting, and you can't see through them.

Too many bends mate, not enough road to muck about trying to guestimate if you can overtake before the next bend safely.We have enough unnecessary hazards on the road already without importing them.

Plus as was said, parts acquisition can be bad enough when you bought the vehicle new from a local dealer. Never mind parts for a vomit comet.

I know someone with 2 unusual cars off the road, one was to be the spare parts for the other.... but obviously that didn't work

Far better to get a popular model that lots of other people have so that there will be spares, either new, or from the breakers when they get wrecked.

Listen to Uncle Expat dude.  smile

Offline

#7 Dec 31, 2017 9:18 am

Slice
Active

Re: LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

New Historian wrote:

Slice, you should get the returning resident concessions, not just on a car but everything you send to Grenada. It used to be 100% duty-free but now I think it's only 50%. Don't take a car from the States, the parts and models are all wrong. I strongly endorse a Japanese company called Autorec (funny name for a car company lol!). Japanese second-hand cars are great, people only drive on the weekends and they all have low mileage and are excellently reconditioned. Over the years I've bought about 10 cars from them, in Grenada and Africa, and they ALL come in beautiful condition. You tell them the port and they deliver it for you, with just one payment, you don't have to deal with shipping companies etc.

http://www.autorec.co.jp/

This is the best information I got so far and actually a starting point.  I trading in my 4runner for ah almost new Rav4, but the decision is haunting me ah just doh know ah what to do.

Offline

#8 Dec 31, 2017 9:16 pm

Expat
Active

Re: LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

I'm ot too sure if you are unsure about using the service you were given the link to, or ? the RAV4?

Just for the record, the Rav4 in the USA is not the same beast as in Grenada, or the UK, and probably just about everywhere else. It has a bigger engine different components as a result, and a longer body.

Offline

#9 Jan 01, 2018 8:41 am

Slice
Active

Re: LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

OH GOSH, ah just can't buy ah 10 year ole vehicle, with no guarantees.  Yes the Ravs are different.  Did I say Steele Auto have another Toyota SUV with the same engine as ah Rav it this cost more than $200,000 EC.

They say it is folks like Expat and them that cause that problem.  Allyu bring down allyu vehicle for $2,000 and allyu only spend two weeks in Grenada annually.  (just joking Expat, I know you did not bring down your vehicle).  But how the government make the leap from $2,000 to those crazy amounts?  Ah wonder if the IMF, have something to do with it.

I do not think these numbers will be sustained.  I just caught them at the wrong time.

Offline

#10 Jan 01, 2018 3:26 pm

Expat
Active

Re: LORD IT COST AH ARM AND AND TWO LEGS TO SEND AH CAR IN GRENADA.

Slice wrote:

OH GOSH, ah just can't buy ah 10 year ole vehicle, with no guarantees.  Yes the Ravs are different.  Did I say Steele Auto have another Toyota SUV with the same engine as ah Rav it this cost more than $200,000 EC.

They say it is folks like Expat and them that cause that problem.  Allyu bring down allyu vehicle for $2,000 and allyu only spend two weeks in Grenada annually.  (just joking Expat, I know you did not bring down your vehicle).  But how the government make the leap from $2,000 to those crazy amounts?  Ah wonder if the IMF, have something to do with it.

I do not think these numbers will be sustained.  I just caught them at the wrong time.


Election coming boy, but don't expect things to get better who ever get in... They all want de moneeeeee.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB