You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 27, 2017 8:04 am

gripe
Active

Gender-Neutral God?: Swedish Churches' Controversial Decision

Listen to the arguments on the above topic, here:   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs.or … perception

#2 Dec 27, 2017 8:27 am

Calypso
Active

Re: Gender-Neutral God?: Swedish Churches' Controversial Decision

gripe wrote:

Listen to the arguments on the above topic, here:   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs.or … perception

The Bible describes God as the "father." so he is masculine and not feminine. I am no feminist. I believe in hierarchy.   Men are the head of their families.  They cannot be two heads in one family. I have no difficulty following along.  If a man is a very strong leader, I'll follow him. I only interject if I don't believe in decisions made.

#3 Dec 27, 2017 10:49 am

New Historian
Active

"I only interject if I don't believe in decisions made."

Now you see, you had to go and ruin it! That's a LOL by the way.

#4 Dec 27, 2017 10:56 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Does God have a gender?  I doubt it.  We have been constrained by language, however, and 'father' conveys the meaning sought after best.  All of religion is just a GUI method to access truth beyond our comprehension.   In other words, don't sweat it.  God isn't a man, God isn't a woman, God isn't gender neutral.  God is God.

#5 Dec 27, 2017 11:49 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

"I only interject if I don't believe in decisions made."

Now you see, you had to go and ruin it! That's a LOL by the way.

No, NH, you've got it all wrong. I am a different woman from who my mother was. She a control freak who took away my father's capacity to lead. I do things much differently. Sometimes your mate makes decision that sinks you. I will speak up. Even on my job when I am told to do something, I do it but I'll let my boss knows that I do not believe it.

#6 Dec 27, 2017 11:51 am

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Does God have a gender?  I doubt it.  We have been constrained by language, however, and 'father' conveys the meaning sought after best.  All of religion is just a GUI method to access truth beyond our comprehension.   In other words, don't sweat it.  God isn't a man, God isn't a woman, God isn't gender neutral.  God is God.

God is masculine and when he created man and woman, he did give man headship over women. Men are the ones to took advantage of the situation and dominate women to the point of abuse.

#7 Dec 27, 2017 11:59 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I am pretty sure that the idea that humans are the image of God is that humans, like God, have qualia and sapience.

#8 Dec 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I am pretty sure that the idea that humans are the image of God is that humans, like God, have qualia and sapience.

According to biblical facts, God made man in his own image. If we believe that he exist, we  should look at the universe and see how wonderfully made it is. His sapience in unmatchable. We are less than he is for he is our maker.  We should never use the word qualia to affiliate with God for is existence is not a belief; it is direct.

#9 Dec 27, 2017 3:16 pm

gripe
Active

Calypso, your statement -- ". . . God . . . existence is not a belief; it is direct." -- is as profound as one can get. Preach on! (I hope that there is still seating in the pews for me and others. I don't plan to leave early either.)

#10 Dec 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Calypso
Active

gripe wrote:

Calypso, your statement -- ". . . God . . . existence is not a belief; it is direct." -- is as profound as one can get. Preach on! (I hope that there is still seating in the pews for me and others. I don't plan to leave early either.)

I am not preaching on. God is not a belief. He is real.

Board footer