You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 01, 2018 8:49 am

Slice
Active

AH HAVE AH VERY STUPID QUESTION,

Why do Grenada 25cents Postage stamp is the blue and yellow Macaw?  This bird is not a native specie, and in all honesty, should all be killed.  They should be wiped out.  Species that are introduced usually cause problems.  There are so many examples of introduced species, that causes problem, that ah doh understand why this Macaw is celebrated in Grenada.

#2 Jan 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Expat
Active

Re: AH HAVE AH VERY STUPID QUESTION,

Have we even got Macaaw's here? I know we have parrots that were released, and make a mess of my neighbours ackee tree each year.

I think they just wanted a brightly coloured bird to scratch an itch.

#3 Jan 01, 2018 4:16 pm

Slice
Active

Well the stamp says Blue and yellow macaws.  They should be killed and wiped out of Grenada.

#4 Jan 02, 2018 10:50 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Well the stamp says Blue and yellow macaws.  They should be killed and wiped out of Grenada.

Thats it, you just slipped another slot in Calypso's poster assessment... smile

#5 Jan 02, 2018 10:53 am

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

Jeez you just love to wipe out tings eh? Most "domestic" species were at one time "invasive", in an interconnected world you cannot avoid cross-border migration of animal and plant species. Chill Winstan.

#6 Jan 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

Thats it, you just slipped another slot in Calypso's poster assessment... smile

Ah know.

Board footer