You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 09, 2018 6:18 am

Dancer
Active

Please Oprah .... not another one

Political leaders are in  such  slight supply in the US  , Oprah gives a movie speech and some people want her to run for President.
What the heck ? Another TV talking head , leader of the free world.
Are we not in the middle of 'it' ... Politics is not a TV show .... at present we are  so  starkly aware.
Oprah , spend some more money 'helping' and remember Obama . Do you think you can do better  , than he tried to do ?
I don't think so , and as we are all finding out , TV talking heads make questionable Presidents.
Thanks Oprah.

#2 Jan 09, 2018 7:26 am

Slice
Active

Re: Please Oprah .... not another one

I wont support her.  She could be another Trump, with no experience.

#3 Jan 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Expat
Active

We had an actor previously.... what ever his failings, he was more of a Statesman than Trump will ever be.

Oprah has a wealth of experience, from being an disadvantaged child through Acting, Journalism, TV show Host, Entrepreneur, Socialite, Hard knocks, etc etc.

While I would like a well versed politician of the right political spectrum, I would put a lot more faith in her than the current leader of the free world, who needs his dummy soaked in alcohol to calm him down.

#4 Jan 11, 2018 10:01 am

Dancer
Active

Seems like I am not the only one   ( not crazy about another  TV talking head  ,, Leader of the " Free World'
Articles are awash on the news.
Seal , he sings ,   ....... calling Oprah . sanctimonious .  Stick to TV Oprah .

#5 Jan 12, 2018 11:05 pm

Vanni
Active

If it wasn't her own initiative, she's being most likely taken for granted, just to serve some people lacking scruples. It may not be a nice experience for her.

Though, it's really time for a total change of ethics at the governmental level. And maybe times are at that?

#6 Jan 13, 2018 12:45 am

Calypso
Active

Vanni wrote:

If it wasn't her own initiative, she's being most likely taken for granted, just to serve some people lacking scruples. It may not be a nice experience for her.

Though, it's really time for a total change of ethics at the governmental level. And maybe times are at that?

Ignore men like Dancer and Slice. They are no moralists!

#7 Jan 15, 2018 1:26 pm

Dancer
Active

It is so very sad that  French Women  ,  sharing and giving love ,  delighting  in that human social expression  of  pleasure  , would be attacked  .... for what ???
LOVE
Vanni   have a few words with the JA ...
thanks...

Board footer