You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 25, 2018 10:35 am

Vanni
Active

On a different note - Camel contest and botox :D

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42802901

Yesterday, my husband was laughing out loud unstoppably.

****** I know, I'm used to thinking that we are spirits having a human experience. ******

However, some humans got a lot, a lot of humour!

And so ... big thing in Saudi Arabia: Camel beauty contests. That's not absolutely the fun part of it - why not after all? We also have the equivalent in dogs, horses, sheep, cows and other animal contests. But ...

Quoting:

"Twelve prized camels have been disqualified from a beauty contest in Saudi Arabia after their owners tried to tweak their good looks with Botox.

Thousands of camels are paraded at the King Abdulaziz Camel Festival to be judged on their shapely lips and humps.

The festival, which also features camel racing and camel milk tasting, has combined prize money of $57m (£40m).

Ali Al Mazrouei, the son of a top Emirati breeder, said Botox was used for the lips, the nose and even the jaw, news website The National reported.

"It makes the head more inflated so when the camel comes it's like, 'oh look at how big that head is. It has big lips, a big nose'," he said.

Judges are also looking for perfectly placed humps, muscular physiques and leathery mouths.

In the lead up to the festival, Saudi media reported that a vet had been caught giving camels plastic surgery including Botox injections and reducing the size of their ears."

... and so on and so forth.

OK, they've got that much money as to give it out to treat their camels like a woman. It goes on worldwide with those who have enough to botox their goat, unicorn, buy diamonds to their dogs, bunnies, pussies, chinchillas, organise them a million £$€ and other currencies wedding. We may also wonder about what the animals have to undergo, whether it makes them happy, or rather their masters?

In the meantime, while this is going on, others cannot find clean water to drink.

So, after this moment spoiling it all: back to our camels big_smile

Last edited by Vanni (Jan 25, 2018 11:22 am)

#2 Jan 26, 2018 11:32 am

New Historian
Active

Re: On a different note - Camel contest and botox :D

What "else" do they do to show their camels they love them lol? I've ridden a camel, man those beasts are spitty, yuck!

#3 Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am

Dancer
Active

New historian , you amaze me  . I do remember questioning your tall tales .
How tall will you go ?
Jeez !
You ride a bike
You ride a schooner
You ride a Jeep

Now you ride a camel

Can we expect  riding  on a carpet , next week ?
Jeez!

#4 Jan 26, 2018 11:51 am

New Historian
Active

A horse in the Sahara?
Scan_15.jpg

#5 Jan 26, 2018 11:56 am

Expat
Active

Sahara my arse, Ihave asand pit for kids bigger than that, and wearing a hankie with an elastic band don't cut it.... smile

#6 Jan 26, 2018 12:29 pm

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:

Sahara my arse, Ihave asand pit for kids bigger than that, and wearing a hankie with an elastic band don't cut it.... smile

Lawrence of Grenada!

#7 Jan 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Dancer
Active

New Historian wrote:

What can I say.  lol.

#8 Jan 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Vanni
Active

A Moroccan friend told me that camels are angels compared to Llamas, who are spitting with even more enthusiasm. Go figure ...

Whether dromedary (African, one hump) or camel (Asian, two humps and a wee bit hairier) are indeed very beautiful animals. That is, when they don't get moody it seems smile

Oh no ... I just googled to double-check on the word "hump", and got as first line "camel humped woman to death". Let's pass this full blue moon ...

Last edited by Vanni (Jan 26, 2018 6:52 pm)

#9 Jan 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:
Expat wrote:

Lawrence of Grenada!

OK El Orance   wink   .... As per the movie L of Arabia.

#10 Jan 26, 2018 10:51 pm

New Historian
Active

Classic movie, was that Alec Guinness in Arab gear? Died on a Brough Superior. Lawrence that is.

Board footer