You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 26, 2018 12:51 pm

gripe
Active

George Soros on Facebook & Google: Their Days Are Numbered!

The prediction, the stern, unapologetic comments from Mr. Soros should grab the attention of all of us. Important, to me, in Soros' criticisms, is the idea that those two monstrous entities affect the lives of so many, in every part of this vast globe, possibly to those persons' (our) detriment.

The solution, per Soros, is firmer regulation of Facebook and Google, with the European Union leading the way.

Freedom to act and be entrepreneurial is definitely not absolute or limitless especially where the innovators' activities are harmful to the greater good.

Here is a link to Soros' comments: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/george-s … 53289.html

#2 Jan 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: George Soros on Facebook & Google: Their Days Are Numbered!

I would like to see all Internet ....' Free.'
Pay for what you use  ,   like  water ,  hydro ,  etc.

Facebook , Twitter , and the others .......  What ?!?!
The fit seems , not right ....

#3 Jan 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Vanni
Active

Allow me to take with extreme skepticism what appears good intention on behalf of George Soros. Whoever studies the person may find out that he has serious ulterior motives.

#4 Jan 27, 2018 9:11 am

Slice
Active

Ah just doh know, some are saying that Facebook are just too large to be contained.  The developers have no idea what is going on with that platform.  There are suggestion to make it more effective against the Russian and other enemies of America.  Yes I would say, if there are not fixes, Facebook could be doomed.

#5 Jan 27, 2018 9:14 am

Slice
Active

Vanni wrote:

Allow me to take with extreme skepticism what appears good intention on behalf of George Soros. Whoever studies the person may find out that he has serious ulterior motives.

He is ah democrat and so is the owner of Facebook, so ah doh understand your point.  For all we know Soros and the owner of FB might be friends.  We all agree that FB is becoming dangerous to America.

Board footer