You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 27, 2018 9:29 pm

gripe
Active

Judge Crossed Line in Sentencing Nassar: EVIL, on a Bench, In a Robe!

It is one thing for someone, like Mr. Nassar, to have faced the charges leveled against him. It is quite another thing, however, for the judge to be so sanctimoniuos in her sentencing. Although some have praised her actions, many have found it despicable that a judge would stoop so low as to engage in raw vengeance against Mr. Nassar. To have actually stated that, essentially, but for the constitutional prohibitions against cruel and unusual punishment, she would have subjected Mr. Nassar to similar physical abuse, is unforgivable!

Even though that judge sentenced Mr. Nassar to 40-175 YEARS, she still felt it necessary to eat Mr. Nassar alive. Some folks, sadly, believe that they are superbly better than others who, like Mr. Nassar, faltered immensely. But, how different is that judge, with such rotten display of evil, from Mr. Nassar?  Notably, Mr. Nassar's acts were hidden for some time; the judge's rabid nature was displayed publicly for all to see.

EVIL, on a bench, in a robe!

Here is the story: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/la … 25326595eb

#2 Jan 28, 2018 9:36 am

Slice
Active

Re: Judge Crossed Line in Sentencing Nassar: EVIL, on a Bench, In a Robe!

That man is not human, and nothing anyone said against him, I won't be offended.

#3 Jan 28, 2018 2:48 pm

gripe
Active

Slice, your defense of the ridiculous judge means that you are prepared to let a judge go wild with her, in this case, actions without respecting her role. Since Nassar is being punished for his transgressions, the judge should not be allowed to go beyond her obligations without being sanctioned. Fair is fair, isn't that true?

Don't be surprised if Nassar gets his sentence reduced based on the judge's outrageous comments.

#4 Jan 29, 2018 6:38 am

Slice
Active

Was he fair to the little girls?  Monsters have no place in any society.  You know this is not making news over here.  You are the first person I heard that complain from.

#5 Jan 29, 2018 7:54 am

gripe
Active

Slice, fair is fair indeed! I made that point in my original post: Mr. Nassar was wrong. I have not disputed that fact. But, I also stated that the fairness principle has to be applied to that self-righteous judge as well. She went overboard! That is not her role. Don't be surprised when Nassar gets a new sentencing because of that judge who wanted to eat Nassar alive. (He likely would still get many years in jail.)

Read the article at the link in my original post (or Google the issue) and listen to the judge's terrible words.

Also, Slice, on reading the article you will realize that I am not alone in seeing the judge's comments as being outrageous.

Last edited by gripe (Jan 29, 2018 8:22 am)

#6 Jan 29, 2018 8:32 am

Slice
Active

But you know, that is what judges do.  They always insult folks. It is in the Huff post, but believe me, that is not news over here.  The only thing that is mention on all Major networks are the crimes he committed against those women.  He made ah deal with the devil.  The deal was he plead guilty and he listen to the women and the judge.

I would never ever make such ah deal.

Last edited by Slice (Jan 29, 2018 8:32 am)

#7 Jan 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Expat
Active

gripe wrote:

Slice, your defense of the ridiculous judge means that you are prepared to let a judge go wild with her, in this case, actions without respecting her role. Since Nassar is being punished for his transgressions, the judge should not be allowed to go beyond her obligations without being sanctioned. Fair is fair, isn't that true?

Don't be surprised if Nassar gets his sentence reduced based on the judge's outrageous comments.

Yes the rap on the knuckles of a pervert who stuck his grubby little perverted fingers into little girls holes while the parents obliviously stood by. Reprimanding him for deviantly treating career driven girls who are used to handling pain and abuse to achieve gold at Olympics with flim flam quackism so he could maintain an erection.

Of course she is in the wrong for berating him for such excesses of depravity.

I guess if he gets a reduction on appeal he will get 40-174. and that will be too much.

I expect he will get more than a couple of fingers in his holes, I doubt he will make it past the first year, so when she said I am signing your death warrant she was not lying.

#8 Jan 30, 2018 2:58 pm

gripe
Active

Expat, I sensed your position from this statement: "Of course she is in the wrong for berating him for such excesses of depravity." I hope I am not wrong in saying that you did not hide your full support for that judge.

I should not have to repeat that my argument is not in support of Nassar. People are to be punished, as Nassar deserves (and appear to accept by not taking his case to trial), for their transgressions. But, no human being, no person, needs another human being to play God with them as the judge surely and unabashedly demonstrated in her over-the-top, extra-judicial, treatment of Nassar.

What supporters of the wild judge fail to appreciate is that the judge has a limited, well-defined role as an officer of the court that does not include advocating for the abuse of another and certainly not to do so with such joy as that judge exhibited. Also, a judge is not, properly, ethically, supposed to give her (in this case) blessings to have a convicted person mistreated in jail. What that judge has done is to fully condone such behavior. Think about what prison is supposed to produce: ex-convicts who move away from their prior bad acts. With the joyous statements from the judge that she has signed Nassar's death sentence, a comment that you, Expat, appear to freely endorse, takes the role of the judge way beyond the norm.

How in heaven's name could anybody feel good about themselves by, first, legitimately sentencing someone for their crimes, and, second, add to that sentence the filth that came from the judge's mouth?

The only thing that that judge didn't do, was to volunteer, on her own, to abuse Nassar, without even taking off her judicial robe. EVIL!

#9 Jan 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Expat
Active

Your opinion... Mine basically is it was a prolonged calculated manipulated deliberately engineered string of abuse. I absolutely don't give a tuppeny damn if the Judge chipped in her own disdain.

I actually think that it should have been a shorter sentence... bearing in mind he already had another long sentence passed by the previous court. I think he should have had just the glimmer of hope that he might get out. As it is he might as well tie a bed sheet to the window and end it all.

#10 Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm

New Historian
Active

Whereas she may not have spoken "judgely" and in fact may have given him a SMALL opening to appeal, she is not an automaton, she is a human being, a female human being, with feelings, and no one can hold her harsh words against her. NO appeal judge will EVER let that animal out. Unfortunately Expat is wrong, the prison system protects perverts, or "nonces" in England. Sadly, what happened to Jeffrey Dahmer hardly ever happens, because of the millions spent to keep them apart from gen-pop. You may very well ask: why?

Board footer