You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Jan 31, 2018 3:30 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: A question for gun owners

I disagree that I - RD - am more likely to shoot myself because I believe the odds of me shooting myself are about zero.  That's not to say your stats are false, they just don't apply to me.

As for the safe... I have a handprint safe that I can open instantly and in compete darkness and yet no child can access it.  I keep in near my bed. 

GunVault-Mini-Deluxe-Handgun-Safe-L12125166.jpg

#22 Jan 31, 2018 3:33 pm

New Historian
Active

RD I said at the outset that tjis does NOT apply to people like you, who are trained and experienced in gun handling. The vast majority aren't.

#23 Jan 31, 2018 10:40 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"if I remember correctly NH's Brother was it? playing around with one in his face. That was TOO stupid."

Huh? Are you talking about kids fooling around with a BB gun? No one played around with one in his face, one brother shot the other in the hand. With a BB gun.

I repeat: gun owners are more likely to shoot themselves, or their children shoot themselves, like my brother, than they ever are to fire it in anger. Way more likely. Or have it stolen by a thief, who WILL use it in anger. On you.

Shotguns for hunting are a world apart from handguns for ....

"Excuse me mister tief, hang on a sec while I get my gun out of the safe, now what was that combination again?"

A point I put to RD, who has already acknowledged he probably doesn't really need a weapon for house protection. But for those at risk close at hand is where it should be. The safe is only for when you either cannot take it to your destination, example the Ministerial Complex... actually you can, but you have to give it up prior to admittance, or you are leaving the premises without the gun.

Shotguns are one of the best home defence weapons out there in most cases better than your loathed hand gun. Point and pull...  It helps to know of what you speak.

You keep raising the subject as if you are going to get a different result... Remember doing the same thing over and over the same way and expecting a different result is an indication of insanity. I am not sure if they have space in Mt Gaye. Maybe they'll give you a shot, and have you pushing the wheelbarrow, at least that way you can walk up and down River Road.

There is absolutely plenty of scope for improved gun handling in America, but... now I will bring in the UK.... despite there being many thousand guns out there, non deliberate injuries are very few and far between, and as I did say before LEGALLY held weapons are extremely rarely involved in any criminal act simply because the storage requirements are so stringent. Unless a user is hijacked with their shotguns or rifles in the car they ain't going to get a complete gun, unless they are brandishing a hand gun, and if they already have one they probably don't need to track down and rob another. The UK is a completely different scenario to the US. The UK made ownership difficult from around 1920.

The upswing in gun crime is via illegal imports.

#24 Jan 31, 2018 10:45 pm

New Historian
Active

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#25 Jan 31, 2018 10:46 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"if I remember correctly NH's Brother was it? playing around with one in his face. That was TOO stupid."

Huh? Are you talking about kids fooling around with a BB gun? No one played around with one in his face, one brother shot the other in the hand. With a BB gun.

I repeat: gun owners are more likely to shoot themselves, or their children shoot themselves, like my brother, than they ever are to fire it in anger. Way more likely. Or have it stolen by a thief, who WILL use it in anger. On you.

Shotguns for hunting are a world apart from handguns for ....

"Excuse me mister tief, hang on a sec while I get my gun out of the safe, now what was that combination again?"

>>"if I remember correctly NH's Brother was it? playing around with one in his face. That was TOO stupid."<<

If I remember correctly..  So I didn't... Somebody on here had their brother who was in law enforcement I think it was play around with their service weapon..... Maybe it wasn't you...but someone said that at some point a while back.

#26 Jan 31, 2018 10:55 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LoL.... Looooooserrrr

Board footer