You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 12, 2018 8:55 am

Slice
Active

ONE MONTH INTO MY RETIREMNET AND AH THINK AH FINALLY REALIZING IT IS T

IME TO CHILL OUT.The plan to have ah second home in Grenada is driving me nuts. There should be a class for folks like me.  There are so much shit you must know and the information is not out there.  Thank God I was able to speak to ah childhood friend, who knows all that information.  Shopping for return is more than ah FRIGGING Nightmare. Wifee wants the lifestyle she has in America to not change, once the move is made.  Me ah want to keep it simple. women to damn  complicated.

#2 Feb 12, 2018 4:23 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: ONE MONTH INTO MY RETIREMNET AND AH THINK AH FINALLY REALIZING IT IS T

Listen to your wife man! Bring everything you think you may need - and then some - in one go, rather than reach Grenada and then realize you should have brought this and that and now have to scurry around to bring them down. You ent learn dat woman is wiser dan man yet??

#3 Feb 13, 2018 9:00 am

Slice
Active

AH frigging nightmare.

#4 Feb 13, 2018 11:46 am

piratejenny
Active

Slice, if the process of moving from the States to Grenada is not going to be enjoyable, perhaps the challenges are cosmic signs to STOP, COME AGAIN.

I do feel for your nostalgia, but it hits hard when you cannot find the old days again.

Last edited by piratejenny (Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am)

#5 Feb 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Expat
Active

Obviously you have to bring major items in your container, and there will be things you need which are smaller, like perculator, iron, loads of sheets, towels etc etc.

But for god's sake don't let her buy loads of bargain stuff that you MIGHT need. My storage downstairs has taken years to get rid of that crap, and there is still plenty left.... even with the family helping themselves to some of it.

When you get here set up a US postal account with the post office, and you can Amazon, or Ebay stuff, and get it posted down.  You still pay duties, but it is cheaper... even with shipping costs to buy away rather than be ripped off here.

PS. Watch how your money shrinks overnight.... even with all the planning and calculations. At least you keep a constant exchange rate, instead of being screwed rotten by the Brexit debacle. Like the Brits.

Last edited by Expat (Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm)

Board footer