You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 16, 2018 4:55 pm

fairground

London PhD student seeks advice for research visit in March 2018

Dear all,

I am a PhD researcher from King's College London completing my PhD on spaces of Black-led education in London in the 1960s,70s and 80s. Part of my research looks at international youth exchanges by groups of young people from London to black-majority countries in Africa and the Caribbean in the 1980s.

I'll be visiting Grenada for a week at the beginning of March 2018 and also using my time to conduct archival research at the UWI campus. I am looking to speak to people who were involved in or can remember interacting with the following youth exchange groups that took place to Grenada from 1980 to 1983. Any help/contacts/recommendations are kindly welcomed, please feel free to email me via the forum. The details of the exchanges are as follows:

Thank you
Jacob

Key exchanges:
- London Borough Haringey (led by Cllr Bernie Grant) to Grenada, 6th March - 2nd April 1982
Receiving organisation: Ministry of National Mobilisation. Accommodation: Pope Paul's Ecumenical Centre, Gouyave
- Ujima Housing Association (led by Matthew Hypolite), to Grenada 6th March - 17th April 1983
Receiving organiser: Mrs Julia Thomas (Youth Officer), Perdmontemps, St Davids, Vincent's Post Office / Mr Linwell Purcell, Department of Nat. Mobilisation. Accommodation: Corinth
- Clapton Youth Centre (led by Jean Tate), to Grenada 1980, exact dates unknown
Receiving organiser/s unknown

Additional:
- Moonshine Community Arts Workshop (led by Paul Vaughan Philipps) to Grenada 13th March - 24th April 1980
Organiser: Ms Esther Small, Grenada High Commission London / Minister for Sport and Recreation, Grenada

Board footer