You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 17, 2018 7:25 pm

houston
Active

Fuke the NRA

The organization has the power to change the current laws but refuses to do so. Membership is made up of total blockkheads that refuse to see beyond the barrel of a gun.

#2 Feb 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Fuke the NRA

There is SOME truth in what you say undoubtedly.

However and correct me if I am wrong, you on the other hand would ban guns altogether?

To have a virgin country with no drugs, crime or existing guns would be the place for that.... Or a country where the police response time so rapid and the penalties so drastic that no one or very few people break the law in a meaningful way. May I suggest Iran, Qatar, or Saudi Arabia? They seem like the best places for you.

Nearly all countries, whether in Europe or the Americas have levels of serious crime. Some countries like the UK have lots of guns, but they are so regulated they are almost never used for anything other than sport. BUT they still have significant gun crime.... Mostly but not exclusively between criminals. So the Police can take as long as they like solving the crime while the dickheads apply the Darwin Awards to each other. The guns used in those crimes are almost totally illegal, and imports, not stolen or misused legal ones.

America is a completely different kettle of fish, and they have rammed an enormous dildo up their backsides which they cannot clime off, it is the misused 2nd amendment. Which has been adjudicated on to the point we cannot argue with general gun carrying.

I however believe when they say "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State". They did not mean for every punk kid to be walking around with an AR15.

I believe a lot of it is due to legislation carried over prior to independence also, but while America has been unable to put the genie back in the bottle Britain restricted gun ownership somewhere around 1920.

I do not say nobody should have a gun except for me, I do however say there should be restriction, and regulations, and the sooner controls are brought in the sooner maybe 500 or 5000 lives a year in the USA could be saved.

There will never be a time when death by gun occurs any more than death by knife. For that to happen the World would need a lobotomy, but incidents of gun violence could be reduced if the will was there.

#3 Feb 18, 2018 7:37 pm

houston
Active

Expat, I have never said that there should be a total ban on guns. The mere mention of tighter restrictions and controls on purchasing a gun is always interpreted as a ban on guns by the mighty NRA political machine and this is part of the problem. Gun dealing business booms with the slightest thought of control and responsibility.
Old West saloons where everyone carries, I get that. I get why responsible gun owners would want to have a handy weapon in the U.S for self protection.
I don’t get why any public place is so unsafe with the fact that todays lunatic can unzip a duffle bag and begin firing an AR15 into a crowd of people. The the dude with the legal pistol packed in his pocket doesn't stand a chance. No protection what so ever in a church, nightclub, school, sporting event, mall, zoo, or you name it.
When a kid or anyone else can purchase a weapon meant to kill many with no problem and the NRA doesn't blink an eye, that is just nuts.

#4 Feb 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Expat, I have never said that there should be a total ban on guns. The mere mention of tighter restrictions and controls on purchasing a gun is always interpreted as a ban on guns by the mighty NRA political machine and this is part of the problem. Gun dealing business booms with the slightest thought of control and responsibility.
Old West saloons where everyone carries, I get that. I get why responsible gun owners would want to have a handy weapon in the U.S for self protection.
I don’t get why any public place is so unsafe with the fact that todays lunatic can unzip a duffle bag and begin firing an AR15 into a crowd of people. The the dude with the legal pistol packed in his pocket doesn't stand a chance. No protection what so ever in a church, nightclub, school, sporting event, mall, zoo, or you name it.
When a kid or anyone else can purchase a weapon meant to kill many with no problem and the NRA doesn't blink an eye, that is just nuts.

Once you say as I saw between the lines that "some" OK people can walk around with a little pistol in a fanny pack, you are already on a very slippery road.... Just where does anyone draw the line?

There is I believe a lot of drug related and drug related shootings in the USA, similar to when prohibition was part of Americas make up. While easier said than done cutting drug links to Columbia and Afghanistan would reduce business, and make trafficking it a none viable proposition. If they put half the energy into blocking drugs they seem to want to put into throwing out dreamers the spiral of racketeering and gun crime would spiral down.

Quite why people become drug addicts eludes me in the first place. There is enough information out there to make it pretty clear it is not the smart way to go.

#5 Feb 18, 2018 8:24 pm

houston
Active

Criminals shoot up each other, no big deal.
Innocent children in a classroom should not have to worry about the local nut showing up with an AR15.

#6 Feb 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I agree Houston.  There must be a way to protect gun rights while preventing these soulless monsters from arming themselves.

#7 Feb 18, 2018 9:52 pm

houston
Active

Any type of change would have to have some flexibility from the NRA honchos.

Board footer