You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 20, 2018 10:01 am

Dancer
Active

LOST , DRIFTING AT SEA ...... I hope not. .... lol.

As we all are aware ,    New Historian seems to be missing  , I hope he is ok.
Since New Historian fell off his bike , we are all concerned , since  he has been encountering lapses in memory , I wonder where he is ?
I hope not at sea , having forgotten his compass on the kitchen table. RD might have to ask his sea-faring daughter to keep a look-out for him.
But again  , he might be rambling around somewhere in   Jamaica  ,    on a  beach  trying to put together a real novel this time.
Well !!!! 
All we can do is to wish him well.
.lol.

#2 Feb 20, 2018 10:03 am

Calypso
Active

Re: LOST , DRIFTING AT SEA ...... I hope not. .... lol.

Dancer wrote:

As we all are aware ,    New Historian seems to be missing  , I hope he is ok.
Since New Historian fell off his bike , we are all concerned , since  he has been encountering lapses in memory , I wonder where he is ?
I hope not at sea , having forgotten his compass on the kitchen table. RD might have to ask his sea-faring daughter to keep a look-out for him.
But again  , he might be rambling around somewhere in   Jamaica  ,    on a  beach  trying to put together a real novel this time.
Well !!!! 
All we can do is to wish him well.
.lol.

He's traveling to concoct another story!

#3 Feb 20, 2018 10:09 am

Dancer
Active

Good Morning ..... Ms Kinky.
lol

#4 Feb 20, 2018 2:39 pm

New Historian
Active

Dancer I'm literally LOL-ing!! Thanks for your concern for my physical - and mental - wellbeing, and happy to report that both body and mind are still reasonably sound. Reasonably! And calypso is right: This weekend I'm going on a short sailing trip in the Bahamas, so watch out for a post-trip report.

In the meantime, a couple of 2-wheeled blunders (which my addled brain has probably put out there before!):

Bike Blunders (1)

One day I was riding with a raging head cold, and I turned around and let loose a load of phlegm, straight from the depths of hell. Then I remembered: I was wearing a full-face helmet.

Damage: One faceful of flob.

I was riding along Spanish Town Highway and ran into a swarm of bees. Three of them flew into my shirt and began stinging the hell out of me. So there I was screaming my head off, tearing at my shirt with one hand while slowing down and swerving through the trucks with the other.

Damage: Six stings, and one new shirt.

Another time a bee flew into my helmet, straight into my left earhole! Stop, yank off helmet, stick finger into ear and crush the bee – stinging all the way.

Damage: One cauliflower ear.

#5 Feb 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Expat
Active

I've had a Mibone whack, and sting me just under the eye while riding... that drew out a couple of bad words from my sordid past.

Also I have nearly knocked my block off following a pal in Trinidad in a White out rain deluge. Following him as I was on roads I had not a clue as to where I was, and he seemed to have no ability to check mirrors.... if he had any to see if some foreign git was still anywhere close at hand, so not wanting to be both lost and wet instead of just wet, I stayed close behind. Taking a rising hill with a bend to the left. Out of the deluge about an inch from my helmet this face appeared and was gone before I could even think of avoiding them.

Same buddy, same country, I was following him on a dry day, getting 2stroke oil splatter all over my brand new creamy yellow polo shirt, while watching his exhaust pipe which seemed intent on dropping off under my wheels at any moment...Luckily it didn't.

Same trip. I think I already mentioned the bike that red-lined and then some when the throttle cable jumped, and the unintentional wheelie near Queens Park Savannah.

Arn't bikes fun....  wink

Ooh another ? blunder, or simply insanity. Riding back to West London from the depths of Kent, I had only brought my dark prescription glasses out with me. Leaving Kent later than I realised Sunset and DARKNESS caught me a long way from home. Riding on fairly steadily using the kerb markings and the lane lines to keep me in the right place it all seemed to be going well. Then through my dark glasses it didn't seem quite right. So I stopped... probably about 10 feet from going head first into a bloody great roadworks hole. Darwin was on my side that night.

#6 Feb 20, 2018 11:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

My little girl is on the west coast of Mexico tonight.

#7 Feb 21, 2018 2:21 pm

New Historian
Active

Oh lord I had a throttle cable stick on me once, you never see anyone grab a clutch quicker! That was an old Triumph with no kill switch, then I had to turn off the frantically revving engine while grabbing onto that clutch with all my might. Ah bikes, such safe things...

Board footer